If you are a current Motorola Solutions employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account.
At Motorola Solutions, we create technologies our customers refer to as their lifeline. Our technology platforms in communications, software, video and services help our customers work safely and more efficiently. Whether it's helping firefighters see through smoke, enabling police officers to see around street corners, or reliably keeping the lights on in homes and businesses around the world, our work supports those who put their lives on the line to keep us safe. Bring your passion, potential and talents to Motorola Solutions, and help us usher in a new era in public safety and security.
Department OverviewThe Software Enterprise Deployment and Integration team is the team that delivers solutions to the public safety sector. We are committed to providing technology and tools which will allow customers to focus on their mission, and enable them to respond faster with smarter and safer decisions. We deploy and support products such as PSAP Call Handling, Computer Aided Dispatch, Records Management Systems, Jail Management Systems and Mobile Data Computing, among other offerings.Job Description
The Emergency Call Handling (ECH) Field Engineer will report to the Regional Emergency Call Handling Sr. Manager - Field Engineering and will be responsible for all ECH field engineering activities within the region. The ECH Field Engineer is ultimately accountable for the system being implemented based on the site design specifics including the on-site configuration, testing, cut and post cut support for Motorola's ECH solutions.
The Field Engineer may also provide consultation to both internal and external customers on complex solutions being deployed in the field.
* Performs system configuration for all supported and assigned ECH solutions. These tasks can be either onsite or remote.
* Performs Site Verification Testing prior to cutting a site into a production environment
* Provides support to Customer and Channel Partners while cutting the ECH solution into a production environment
* Working with the Emergency Call Handling manager responsible to plan, prioritize, and schedule assigned project engagement
* Ensures that installation/quality issues are resolved in a timely and efficient manner
* Documents all changes to the solution that may occur during the implementation phase of the project
* May participate in the development of Methods of Procedure
* Maintains subject matter expert skills
* Bachelor's degree desired.
* 2+ years of experience with deployment and integration of complex IP products and systems
* Experience with installation, administration and troubleshooting of:
Server Virtualization, specifically with VMWare ESXi v.6+ and\or Microsoft Hyper-V 2012+
Database Servers, specifically with Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2\2012\2016
Server Operating Systems, specifically Windows Server 2008 R2\2012\2012 R2\2016
Network (both IP and Telco) switching, routing, and familiarity with network protocols including TCP/IP and SIP
* Previous experience in Public Safety Applications deployment and integration and/or operations and administration preferred.
* Exercises judgment in selection of methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
* Ability to work collaboratively with project team members including the customer
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to apply critical thinking skills to solve problems and make decisions
* Ability to travel on a regular basis
High School Diploma or equivalent (GED)
2+ years of experience with deployment and integration of complex IP products and systems.
Travel Requirements50-75%Relocation ProvidedNonePosition TypeExperiencedReferral Payment PlanYes
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status, or, any other protected characteristic.
Motorola Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to no discrimination because of race, color, creed, marital status, age, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, protected veteran, or any other legally protected characteristic.