Avient Corporation (formerly PolyOne Corporation), with 2019 revenues of $2.9 billion, provides specialized and sustainable material solutions that transform customer challenges into opportunities, bringing new products to life for a better world. Examples include:
Barrier technologies that preserve the shelf-life and quality of food, beverages, medicine and other perishable goods through high-performance materials that require less plastic
Light-weighting solutions that replace heavier traditional materials like metal, glass and wood, which can improve fuel efficiency in all modes of transportation
Breakthrough technologies that minimize wastewater and improve the recyclability of materials and packaging across a spectrum of end uses
Avient employs approximately 9,100 associates and is certified ACC Responsible Care and a founding member of the Alliance to End Plastic Waste. For more information, visit
At Avient, we strive for a culture of trust and engagement. Our associates are leading company initiatives such as Lead by Women, HYPE and Pride to advance diversity in professional and personal development. We also provide our associates with robust development programs such as Avient Academy, Lean Six Sigma, and various leadership workshops to allow for career growth in a variety of ways. With workplace flexibility, health and wellness programs, casual dress days, and paid time off for community service, we are committed to building upon our positive momentum.
At Avient, we believe diversity of ideas and backgrounds gives us the creativity to be successful in a rapidly changing world. In support of this, we stress equality of opportunity for all qualified individuals in accordance with applicable laws. Decisions on hiring, promotion, development, compensation or advancement are based solely on a person's qualifications, abilities, experience and performance.
This position is responsible for performing all the duties of the assigned production area plus directing and coordinating activities of others within the area. Position is a "hands on" part of the team, occupying a direct labor position while assisting in the coordination of workflow, troubleshooting with operators and leading by example. Position coordinates area activities in the absence of the Supervisor.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Works in conjunction with the Shift/Production Supervisor to efficiently prioritize team efforts and to assure that quality and shipments are met and data integrity requirements are accomplished.
* Monitors and updates the production schedule; uses schedule to prioritize workload in working area.
* Responsible for ensuring employees are versed in proper procedures for operating machinery to mix or blend dry chemicals, or the extrusion of color.
* Responsible for ensuring employees are versed in proper procedures regarding consumption or raw materials.
* Provides leadership and expertise in the use of SAP procedures or processes.
* Establishes and documents processing parameters and/or product characteristics to obtain optimum productivity, consistent quality of product and to meet the customer's specifications.
* Documents work completed. Contributes to upkeep and updating of required paperwork such as procedures, records, logs, documents, manuals, etc.
* Completes all necessary documentation at the end of shift.
* Functions as the "Go-To" person for the production area, product line or function, acting as a liaison with and providing feedback to management and all other support groups with respect to the operations. * Communicates with their Team procedural changes or quality issues.
* Leads the team in all matters of safe work practices, housekeeping and environmental compliance; reporting exceptions when necessary.
* Maintains housekeeping standards.
* Leads troubleshooting activities, facilitating contact and follow-up with support groups, such as Maintenance.
* Participates in training new employees and re-training associates in processes and methods as required.
* Follows applicable Environmental, Health, and Safety rules and guidelines while performing any procedure.
* As needed, covers for Shift/Production Supervisor when not present.
* Other duties as assigned.
Proven record of good attendance and performance.
Education and Experience
Diploma or GED
2+ year's experience manufacturing. Plastics/extrusion background strongly preferred.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The associate is frequently required to walk. The associate is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and talk or hear. The associate is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs. Specific vision abilities may be required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment ranges from normal office noise levels to loud.
Avient Corporation is a drug free workplace. Avient is an equal opportunity employer. We maintain a policy of non-discrimination in providing equal employment to all qualified employees and candidates regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, protected veteran's status, or other legally protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state and local law.
PolyOne is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status, or other legally protected classification in the state in which a person is seeking employment. PolyOne will use E-Verify to ensure employment eligibility of newly hired employees where required.