The Auto Body Intern completes all tasks as assigned by the Supervisor, and shadows/assists Auto Body Technicians with all aspects of auto body repair and refinishing for automotive vehicle bodies and frames. Tasks to observe and assist with may include, but are not limited to:
- General day-to-day operation procedures.
- Completing paperwork and making calls as directed.
- Tear apart body panels and mechanical components for repair.
- Follow supervisors' instructions regarding parts to restore or replace, and how much time the job should take.
- File, grind, sand, and smooth filled or repaired surfaces, using power tools and hand tools.
- Fit and weld replacement parts into place, using wrenches and welding equipment, and grind down welds to smooth them, using power grinders and other tools.
- Sand body areas to be painted and cover bumpers, windows, and trim with masking tape or paper to protect from the paint.
- Prime repaired surfaces and observe the painting process.
- Mechanical reassembly.
- Inspect repaired vehicles.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
To Apply: Visit www.OhioMeansJobs.com and search by reference number OR submit resume to Josh.Luke@jfs.ohio.gov