On Behalf of the Oriana House, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is seeking an Electronic Monitoring Technician
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains accurate and timely whereabouts of all clients assigned to the program. Calls clients to verify whereabouts. Notifies appropriate facilities and outside agencies of any unauthorized client activities.
- Accurately enters clients’ schedules into monitoring computers as needed.
- Communicates pertinent client information via email system at various times during work shift and/or as needed.
- Organizes and prepares client intake packets.
- Completes scheduled activities to include: intakes and installation of equipment, alco-sensor tests, urine drug screens, fire drills, and emergency procedures in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Performs intake procedures accurately and in a timely manner to include: showing video, explaining rules, reviewing background information, ensuring releases of information are signed, and answering client questions.
- Verifies installation process through the monitoring system. Ensures that all new intakes are being properly monitored at the end of each shift.
- Completes accurate data entry to include, but not limited to: clients’ logs, alerts, incident reports, alco-sensor results, urine drug screens, and shift reports.
- Records pertinent data regarding client and assigned equipment. Enters accurate data into the monitoring system including, but not limited to: client information, work schedules and in-home alcohol testing schedules.
- Issues accurate receipts for the deposit of client fees. Secures money in the facility safe.
- Maintains confidentiality of client files and individual client logs.
- Opens and maintains productive communication while maintaining a professional relationship with clients.
- Strong written and verbal skill
- Willingness to work with the offender population
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Flexibility in both the workplace and work schedule