MTSI is a 100% employee owned by more than 1,300 engineers, analysts, and professionals dedicated to providing high caliber services to aerospace and defense and intelligence customers across the US. We are always looking for the best to join us as we grow.
Our first core value is that employees come first. We challenge our co-workers to provide the highest level of support and service, and reward them with some of the best benefits in the industry. Eligible new co-workers start at a rate of 20 days PTO/year, 10 holidays/year, 6% 401k match with immediate vesting, semi-annual bonuses, and eligibility to participate in our company funded Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP). We offer other employee focused benefits, including up to $10k in annual tuition reimbursement and an optional zero dollar deductible BCBS health insurance plan.
For additional company information, please visit:
This position supports the Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) Agility Prime office in a collaborative effort with industry partners to: (i) support industry FAA certification of Urban Air Mobility Vehicles; (ii) evaluate the military utility of these vehicles and identify capability based requirements for these vehicles; (iii) design, develop, resource, execute, analyze, and report on an AFRL R&D test program supporting early risk reduction and capability demonstration, and (iv) support capability transition to a future USAF acquisition program.
• Shall engage with and advises industry partners on test processes and procedures required to achieve FAA certification of their Urban Air Mobility Vehicle designs.
• Shall identify US government test resources (ranges, instrumentation, support equipment, personnel, etc.) and processes required to support industry partners’ FAA certification test programs.
• Shall procure, resource, schedule, and manage required resources support industry FAA certification testing.
• Shall support industry partners’ test planning, execution, analysis and reporting.
• Shall report and statuses AFRL and senior AF leadership on industry test program process and progress.
• Shall work with USAF MAJCOMs, SAF AQ, and operational users to identify military utility of Urban Air Mobility Vehicles and develop capability-based requirements.
• Shall leverage industry partners’ test data, analysis, and results to develop an AFRL managed and executed test program supporting military utility demonstration and airworthiness certification risk reduction of selected Urban Air Mobility Vehicle designs.
• Shall use in depth knowledge of AFI 99-103, AFRL test and test safety directives and instructions, MIL-HDBK-516, AFMCI 63-1201 and other USAF and AFRL directives and instructions to design, develop, plan, execute, analyze, and report on a flight test demonstration program and early acquisition based risk reduction and airworthiness certification test program.
• Shall plan and support transition of Urban Air Mobility Vehicles from R&D to program of record acquisition per applicable DoDI 5000 directives.
• USAF, USN, or USA Test Pilot School graduate
• Minimum technical bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, or science
• Master’s degree
• 15 years minimum of hands on USAF, USN, USA flight test execution and test program management experience in the following areas:
o Test planning
o Test resourcing
o Open air flight test execution, analysis, and reporting
o Flight Sciences test planning and execution
o Airworthiness process and requirements
o Test plan development
o Test data analysis
o Test safety planning and execution
o Test resourcing (identification and procurement)
o Technical writing and test reporting
• Chief Developmental Tester or Chief of Test experience highly desired
• UAV/UAS T&E experience highly desired
• Systems Engineering experience is highly desired
• R&D test experience is highly desired
MTSI is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.