QC Lab Tech I
FT Sal/WhCo OT
# of Openings
About the Organization
Sun Chemical, a member of the DIC group, is a leading producer of printing inks, coatings and supplies, pigments, polymers, liquid compounds, solid compounds, and application materials. Together with DIC, Sun Chemical has annual sales of more than $7.5 billion and over 20,000 employees supporting customers around the world.
The Quality Control Lab Technician will provide immediate support for Manufacturing. NIGHT SHIFT: 4/on and 4/off. Depending on work area, they may perform raw material, work-in-process, or finished goods inspection and testing. Technicians are required to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Essential Job Functions:
* Performs tests as specified in the Quality Control Manual and Quality Control Records.
* Prioritizes work based on information supplied by Quality Control and Production Supervisors.
* Complies with all safety rules, regulations and practices.
* Creates and ensures that records of work are correct, neat, properly labeled, filed and complete.
* Meets both regular and overtime commitments on a timely basis.
* Completes special projects at the request of managers or supervisors.
* Trains new employees in the day to day duties as requested.
* Works in a professional manner with peers both in the lab and in the manufacturing process.
Required Education and Experience
• High School diploma; some college or bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Good communication skills
• A minimum of two years’ experience in a testing, research or development laboratory and experience
with Aqueous Ink testing is preferred.
NIGHTS - 4/on and 4/off
Sun Chemical is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identify, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.