The Facilities Maintenance Team Advisor is a leadership role with responsibility for the effective management of operational/facilities maintenance services and support through a highly skilled crew of craftsmen.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated leadership ability in applying competitive and innovative work practices with skilled craftsmen (i.e. pipefitters, millwrights, electricians, etc.) to function as a high-performing and self-managed team, utilizing sound decision-making methods to ensure proper facility and equipment operation.
- Responsible for accomplishing assigned work crew work assignments in accordance to customer contract specifications, established plant procedures, daily schedule requirements, manpower requirements, and cost requirements to meet Company goals.
- Develop collaborative working relationships with union leadership to affect positive change, drive continuous improvement, and advance department business goals.
- Leads work crews in navigating Company processes to deliver on commitments and problem resolutions.
- Conducts individual, work-team, and group briefings on work directives, performance, schedules, safety, and costs. Also develops and implements action plans to address and overcome deficiencies of the aforementioned items.
- Represents the Company with vendors/contractors in providing technical requirements for purchased equipment, parts, and services.
- A safety advocate, driving operational safety/security improvements through identification/corrective actions for hazardous conditions - hazards elimination, engineering controls, revised work practices/procedures, and PPE.
- Performs initial occupational injury/illness incident investigations/reports for assigned work crews/areas.
- Responsible for the work schedules, training, incident investigation, and discipline of assigned work crews.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate degree in Engineering, Technology, Manufacturing or Business-related field preferred
- Must be U.S. Citizen to secure a DOD security clearance
- Must successfully complete pre-employment process including background check, medical exam, and drug screen
- Minimum of 5 years of related maintenance experience required
- Demonstrated leadership experience required; leadership of skilled trades workforce preferred, i.e. pipe fitters, millwrights, electricians, etc.
- Experience in a unionized environment is preferred
- Proficient PC skills in MS Word and Excel required
- Maintenance & construction project management skills preferred
- Working knowledge of ISO 14001, Preventive/Predictive Maintenance Systems preferred
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) Networks knowledge highly preferred
- Demonstrated team building skills preferred
- Must have the ability to work flexible hours for shift coverage, e.g. off-shift, overlap, some weekends
This position requires exposure to both office and heavy manufacturing environments. Specifically, working in and around dust and fumes, heat and cold, moving machinery, and in areas with a high noise volume. Certain situations may require wearing a respirator. Bending, kneeling, standing, stooping, climbing, walking, and lifting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. General Dynamics Land Systems is committed to working with and providing accommodations to individuals with a disability. Candidates who require a reasonable accommodation due to disability for any part of the application or hiring process may contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance. Determination of requests for reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.