SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Work as part of a team having responsibility for automotive painting and exterior repair.
- Prepare surface for buffing utilizing proper finish sanding products and techniques.
- Inspect vehicle surfaces for overspray and removed as needed
- Remove and clean all compound or polish residue from buffed panels completely and inspect for acceptable finish quality
- Remove and buff imperfections in paint as directed by Painters utilizing a rotary, and random orbital buffer.
- Buff and polish freshly painted vehicles as directed.
- Assist paint crew as needed
- Ensure each vehicle is inspected for cosmetic standards
- Inspect refinished body panels for proper color match and acceptable finish texture; refer any quality issues to supervisor
- Utilizing rotary, and random orbital buffer, restore panel finish to required level of quality.
- Inspect completed work relative to finish quality standards
- Visually inspect every vehicle for flaws in the repaired area(s)
- Detail after vehicle repairs have been completed
- Fill small dents that cannot be worked out with plastic or solder with supervision
- Exterior vehicle detailing experience; ability to remove minor paint scratches and imperfections using buffing and similar techniques with supervision.
- Meets production quality and productivity goals
- Properly maintains and cleans equipment and PPE.
- Clean work areas, using air hoses, to remove damaged material and discarded fiberglass strips used in repair procedures
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent. Minimum 2 years auto body and painting experience required.
Basic Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Basic mechanical aptitude required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions.
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently.
- Must have strong work ethic and sense of urgency.
- Self-starter: bias for action, results oriented.
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends to meet business needs.
- Ability to work with a diversified work force.
- Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check.
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.
Drug Free Workplace