This Full-time position is in Cincinnati, Ohio; however please expect receiving calls from a 952 area code in case you are considered. Relocation assistance is not provided.
The position is open to be part of a small dedicated team who operate critical equipment to provide bulk and bagged salt for various uses, to various customers.
As a production Technician you will be responsible with the rest of the team for:
- The efficient operation of production equipment including conveying, screening, bagging and palletizing machinery
- Troubleshooting equipment and performing minor repairs and maintenance
- Maintaining production records and reporting problems with equipment
- Operation of the warehouse storing, moving, counting and shipping goods
- Providing a high level of customer service by displaying courteous, helpful, knowledgeable interaction and behaviors
- Being an involved/engaged member of the team and be willing to act and think independently
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Operating safely within Cargills policies, procedures, governmental regulations and fully participating in Cargills safety programs
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned
- Right to work in the U.S. that is not based solely on possession of a student visa or a visa sponsored by a third-party employer.
- Cargill requires employees be a minimum of 18 years old to work in a production facility.
- Ability to perform physical job duties which may include bending, lifting up to 50lbs, kneeling, climbing, crawling, and twisting safely, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work in varied indoor and outdoor conditions which may include heat, cold, dust, loud noise, etc., with the use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Ability to work in elevated areas (4 feet and above).
- Must be able to operate machinery and/or industrial equipment.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English (verbal/written).
- High School diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work overtime including weekends, holidays, or different shifts with advance notice.
- At least 2 years of experience in production related work.
- Forklift certified.
- Basic use of a computer and typing skills.
- Experience with SAP or a Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
- Working knowledge of inventory systems.
- Basic mechanical ability for routine maintenance of equipment