On behalf of a local farm, OhioMeansJobs|Medina County is recruiting for Farm Technicians:
Job Description for Farm Technician
Shift: 6:00 am-2:30 pm
Pay: $12 - $13/hr
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for executing day-to-day activities such as seeding, transplanting, cleaning cell operations and post-packaging cleaning, and transportation of growing trays to and from growing systems.
- Keeping the farm in a clean, tidy, and orderly fashion according to both Standard Operating Procedures and activity specific standards and goals.
- Required to complete daily checklists and documents for record keeping and traceability.
- Follows all SOP’s and Food Safety policies.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of farm equipment, materials and tools that they have been trained to use, such as order pickers, scissor lifts, production fixtures and equipment accessories, and must operate all farm equipment with extreme safety and care as to not pose a risk to personnel or food safety.
Required Experience and Skills
- Excellent communicative and interpersonal skills
- Quality and detail oriented
- Completely trustworthy, reliable, and punctual
- Ability to work reliably and dependably.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and constructive work ethic.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- May be required to pass background check