On behalf of a local farm, the OhioMeansJobs|Medina County is recruiting for Packagers and Harvesters:
Job Description:Packagers and Harvesters
Responsibilities and Duties
- Follows all SOP’s and Food Safety policies.
- Packages finished product with accurate weight, proper quality, and with labels aligned straight.
- Follows proper harvesting techniques to ensure product quality and proper yields.
- Attains daily standard output set forth by company.
- Ensures inventory is kept up to date when finished product is put in cooler.
- Maintains accuracy of paperwork and time sheets.
- Keeps work area clean.
- Minimizes waste by utilizing resources effectively.
Other duties may include: transplanting, cleaning systems and farm, utilizing motorized floor scrubber, sweeping, mopping, sterilizing of farm equipment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of farm equipment, materials and tools that they have been trained to use, such as harvesting tools and equipment accessories, and must operate all farm equipment with extreme safety and care as to not pose a risk to personnel or food safety.
Required Experience and Skills
- Team-player. Displays positive attitude and assists with end of day cleanup/wrapping at end of day if necessary.
- Quality and detail oriented
- Completely trustworthy, reliable, and punctual
- Self-directed. Utilizes break times effectively and abides by designated time allowed.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and constructive work ethic.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- May be required to pass background check