Application deadline: Apr 15, 2021, 11:59:00 p.m.
Job Function: Transportation
College Internships–Paid (210000E4)
Join the Ohio Department of Transportation!
College internships are available in our District locations and Central Office in fields such as Planning, Engineering, Construction, and Public Relations.
ODOT offers competitive pay based on your academic status, with incremental rates available for Freshman, Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors, and Graduate-level students.
Who We Are:
The Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) oversees building and maintaining the nation's 5th largest interstate system and the 2nd largest number of bridges. We take pride in providing safe and efficient roadways for the people of Ohio and to the people traveling within our great state. In order to achieve that, we do a lot! From Planning, Engineering, & Construction to Law, Human Resources, Communications, Information Technology, and everything in between, ODOT has a career for just about everyone. ODOT employees are hardworking, passionate, and dedicated to public service. We strive to achieve our agency's vision everyday: to be a long term, reliable, professional, and highly productive organization.
ODOT's Mission Statement:
To provide easy movement of people and goods from place to place, we will:
- Take care of what we have
- Make our system work better
- Improve safety
- Enhance capacity
An Internship with ODOT:
- Provides students with an opportunity to work in a job related to their field of study with experienced professionals
- Teaches new skills and allows students to apply practical knowledge beyond the classroom
- Offers flexible hours with positions that may be available year-round
- Supports academic understanding through meaningful work in a fast-paced and high-energy environment
- Provides an opportunity to work on an important mission
To learn more about the Ohio Department of Transportation, please visit our website at: transportation.ohio.gov
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college or university and in good academic standing
Rates of pay are based on the student's academic status:
- Freshman (1st Year): $8.50-$11.72
- Sophomore (2nd Year): $9.00-$12.22
- Junior (3rd Year) $9.50-$13.72
- Senior (4th Year): $9.75-$14.72
Graduate or Law School:
- 1st year $10.00-$15.66
- 2nd year $10.25-$16.41
- 3rd year $10.50-$17.91 (which is determined by the college or university)
All candidates applying for employment opportunities should be authorized to work in the United States. Sponsorship for an employment visa is not currently available for positions with the Ohio Department of Transportation.
Background Check Information:
The final candidate selected for the position will be required to undergo a criminal background check. Criminal convictions do not necessarily preclude an applicant from consideration for a position. An individual assessment of an applicant's prior criminal convictions will be made before excluding an applicant from consideration.
To Apply: Complete online application at https://dasstateoh.taleo.net/careersection/oh_ext/jobdetail.ftl?job=210000E4&tz=GMT-05%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York