Perform skilled mechanical duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating and air conditioning systems. Also requires repair of household appliances such as, refrigerators, ranges and dishwashers. Starting wage is $20-$25/hr based on schooling and experience.
- Perform preventive maintenance and routine servicing of equipment
- Diagnose defects, and install, repair and maintain heating, ventilating, refrigeration, and air-conditioning units; follow oral and written instructions
- Perform skilled mechanical maintenance duties in the inspection, repair, installation and alteration of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems and related equipment and facilities
- Operate specialized machinery, equipment and tools utilized in the repair, installation and maintenance of heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration systems
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Work cooperatively with others
- Work independently with little direction
- Meet schedules and timelines
- Maintain routine records and prepare reports
- Routinely lift objects weighing up to 75 pounds
- Work is performed while standing, sitting and/or walking
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision and hearing
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations
- Requires bending, squatting, crawling, climbing, and reaching
- Requires the ability to lift, carry, push or pull up to 75 pounds
- Requires activities involving being around moving machinery, exposure to marked changes in temperature and humidity, and exposure to dust, fumes and gases.
To Apply: Send resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov.
- EPA Certification
- Associate Degree in Heating, Ventilating, Air Conditioning and Refrigeration (or related field)
- Must be able to pass a background check and drug screen