On behalf of a local farm, OhioMeansJobs|Medina County is recruiting for Team Lead:
Packagers and Harvesters Team Lead
Pay: $12.00 -14.00/hr
Shift: 6 am -2:20 pm
Responsibilities and Duties
- Directs activities of packaging team and harvesters in pack room as to keep packaging activities running efficiently and to meet customer requirements and company standards.
- Directs timing of break schedule as to ensure orders are packaged and shipped out on time. May have to send employees to break at different times to keep packaging activities going if order needs shipped by a certain time.
- Directs self and department with a sense of urgency.
- Maintains level of professionalism with other team members and encourages team members to perform at a high level.
- Sets up labeling machine efficiently and correctly to minimize downtime and has the ability to troubleshoot issues.
- Communicates production issues or concerns to management timely.
- Alerts management if raw materials are low.
- Leads by example.
- Works toward continuous improvement in packaging area.
- Preforms all other duties and responsibilities of Packagers and Harvesters
- Follows all SOP’s and Food Safety policies
Required Experience and Skills
- Team-player. Displays positive attitude and assists with end of day cleanup/wrapping at end of day if necessary.
- Quality and detail oriented
- Completely trustworthy, reliable, and punctual
- Self-directed. Utilizes break times effectively and abides by designated time allowed.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and constructive work ethic.
Minimum Experience and Skills
- Must be eighteen years of age or older
- May be required to pass background check