Alion Science and Technology is seeking a qualified candidate for Systems Engineer, Radar Systems. The Systems Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and sustainability. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate requirements into hardware and software specifications. The engineer will present a deep understanding of requirements development in an agile environment, architecture definition / decomposition, testing philosophies / methodologies, and verification coverage.
This individual will participate in the System Engineering life cycle, including requirements development, architecture decomposition, system analyses (reliability, maintainability, etc.), integration and test planning, and system verification.
* Position requires significant experience with either Radar design or Electronic Warfare System design.
* Tasking includes system design and trade studies, RF chain analysis, and system performance analysis.
* Experience with EW and Radar Signal Processing Techniques, Sensor System Integration and Test, and Electronic Warfare and Radar Performance Analysis Tools such as MATLAB is required.
* Hands-on design, test, integration, and verification support across lab facilities requiring skills in algorithms, software, hardware, and networking.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation, and interface definition to translate stakeholder requirements into design specifications.
* Support technical publications in developing for customer releases system requirements documents, test procedures, and test reports.
* Responsible for planning, implementing, and reporting on Systems Engineering activities.
* Support technical & functional leadership through the identification of risk.
* Champion the development & sustainment of processes to execute on cost, schedule & technical performance goals for the company.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance, with enhance security.
Security Clearance: Secret
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information