SUMMARY OF THE JOB:
Reinstall and repair electrical and mechanical parts on 12-Volt & 24-Volt systems on heavy-duty construction (CAT) equipment, ECT including wiring, OEM equipment, hydraulic and air brake systems to return vehicle to factory condition. Ensure that work is in accordance with all supplied schematics.
- Reinstall and repair vehicle automotive systems 12 - Volt & 24-Volt electrical systems, steering, suspension, braking, air conditioning, etc. to factory condition.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair. Ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, Scanners, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state laws.
- Perform all duties in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Degree in electronic troubleshooting, ASC certification is preferred, but not required.
Basic Skill and Ability Requirements:
- Solid interpersonal skills with experience in customer/supplier relations
- Able to handle multiple assignments under extreme time constraints and high stress conditions
- Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
- Must have strong work ethic, sense of urgency and a high energy level
- Self-starter: bias for action, results-oriented
- May require heavy lifting
- Ability to work effectively to meet deadlines
- Some travel required
- Must be able to work days, evenings, and weekends to meet business needs
- Ability to work with a diversified workforce
11.Offers of employment may be contingent upon passing a substance abuse screening test and/ or criminal background check
We conform to all the laws, statutes, and regulations concerning equal employment opportunities and affirmative action. We strongly encourage women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans to apply to all of our job openings. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin, age, disability status, Genetic Information & Testing, Family & Medical Leave, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We prohibit Retaliation against individuals who bring forth any complaint, orally or in writing, to the employer or the government, or against any individuals who assist or participate in the investigation of any complaint or otherwise oppose discrimination.