At Little Prairie Learning Center, we are committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and stimulating environment where children can explore, discover, and learn through hands-on experiences. We are excited to be opening soon and we are now ready fill the position of Assistant Director.
General Position Description:
The Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Center Director in ensuring the health, safety, and quality of education for all children within the center’s care. Under the direction of the Center Director, the Assistant Director collaborates with staff to ensure that curriculum and classroom activities are properly delivered, and that the needs of the students and the goals of the center are met appropriately.
This position reports to Center Administrator.
- Assume duties of Center Director and staff as needed during their absence.
- Collaborate with staff to ensure adherence to quality standards in accordance with Center guidelines and state and local requirements, implement improvements where needed.
- Maintain communication with families and community through appropriate outreach activities.
- Follow all center policies and state regulations.
- Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- 2+ years of direct professional experience in an early childhood setting.
- High energy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A strong understanding of child development.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Infant/child CPR and First Aid certification.
- Must clear full background check.
- Must pass health screening.
- Bachelor’s Degree in early childhood education or related field of study preferred.
- Must possess prior childcare experience in a childcare center.
- Must be familiar with current state licensing requirements.
TBD based on experience and education.
To Apply: Submit resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov