Requisition: R063280 Market: Lima, OH Department: Central Sterile - St. Rita's Shift: Days/Afternoons Schedule: Full-time
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING A CAREER AT MERCY HEALTH
As the Supervisor for Sterile Processing, this position plans, directs and coordinates all activities related to procurement, processing, inventory, storage, and distribution of supplies and equipment for Surgical Services. Includes 24-hour responsibility for departmental functions including management of personnel. Provides Central Processing services for ancillary support areas as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Facilitates communication between Central Processing Staff and the Operating Room Staff and Physicians.
- Directs the requisitioning, sorting, labeling and issuing of surgical supplies and equipment.
- Oversees decontamination, assembly, sterilization, handling, and storage and special charging of supplies and equipment.
- Consults with Inventory Clerks and OR Team Leaders and adjusts inventory to ensure adequate supply levels are kept on hand.
- Assists in ensuring that the standards of all regulatory agencies are met.
- Oversees documentation of sterilization records and recalls on all positive biological readings.
- Assists with analyzing departmental needs, new products, equipment, techniques and services and makes recommendations to Director.
- Establishes and participates in departmental educational programs, staff meetings, and Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the operation of washer, disinfector, Sterrad, Steris, steam sterilizers, and case cart washer according to proper procedures. This includes preparing, loading, operating, unloading and cleaning.
- Demonstrates knowledge of age specific instrumentation and age-appropriate interactions with customers.
- Oversees preparation of surgical case carts.
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION:
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Current and maintain certification in Sterile Processing and Distribution
MINIMUM YEARS AND TYPE OF EXPERIENCE:
- Two years of Central Processing experience with evidence of experience in leadership, decontamination, and sterilization practices.
OTHER KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Evidence of organizational ability, knowledge of surgical instrumentation, budget and purchasing, inventory control skills.
- Must be able to direct the activities of others, to perform management responsibilities related to employees, and to maintain a harmonious atmosphere in a confined working area.
- Good interpersonal skills essential to communications and the coordination of activities and responsibilities with other departments.
- Manual dexterity (eye/hand coordination)
- Perform shift work
- Hear alarms/telephone/tape recorder
- Reach above shoulder
- Repetitive arm/hand movements
- Finger dexterity
- Color Vision
- Acuity - far
- Acuity - near
- Lifting/Carrying (0-50 lbs.) 34-66%
- Lifting/Carrying (50-100 lbs.) 1-33%
- Push/Pull (0-50 lbs.) 34-66%
- Push/Pull (50-100 lbs.) 1-33%
- Stoop, kneel 1-33%
- Crawling 0%
- Climbing 1-33%
- Balance 34-66%
- Bending 34-6%
Mercy Health is an equal opportunity employer.
We’ll also reward your hard work with:
- Comprehensive, affordable medical, dental and vision plans
- Prescription drug coverage
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance w/AD&D
- An employer-matched 403(b) for those who qualify.
- Paid time off
- Educational Assistance
- And much more
SCHEDULED WEEKLY HOURS:40
WORK SHIFT: Days/Afternoons
DEPARTMENT: Central Sterile - St. Rita's
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, or protected veteran status, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. If you’d like to view a copy of the affirmative action plan or policy statement for Mercy Health – Youngstown, Ohio or Bon Secours – Franklin, Virginia; Petersburg, Virginia; and Emporia, Virginia, which are Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer, please email email@example.com. If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact The Talent Acquisition Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
To Apply: Visit Supervisor- Sterile Processing - St. Rita's Medical Center - Full Time at Mercy Health OR submit resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov