The Administrative Assistant is responsible for general office operations to aid the Administrative Team in specified functions of the Administration Department. This position handles various bookkeeping functions and reporting for ACRTA. This position is Monday thru Friday (8am-5pm); some travel required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Answers phone and Administration door
- Maintains filing system of all records
- Assists with accounts payable invoices and PO’s.
- Employees files updated
- Handles all records requests
- Maintains Maintenance POs; enters works orders and purchase orders
- Assist in organizing the Safety Awards Banquet, Transit Appreciation activities, Safety Meetings • Data entry
- Keeps track of services: sprinkler, elevator, etc.
- Schedules service calls
- Maintains inventory of office supplies and other necessary items. Paper towels, toilet paper, Kleenex, cleaning supplies etc.
- Orders supplies as needed
- Assist in tracking community service hours and complete/submit paperwork
- Prepare new hire packets: Payroll packets and Orientation binders
- Supervise at special events, work on committees
- Make travel arrangement for Management Team
- Scheduling Conference room events
- Employee Training requirements records
- Various Monthly Reports
- Data entry for DR reports and Uplift data sheets
- Serve as back up to dispatch
- Any additional assigned duties
Education and Experience:
- High School Graduate; Two year College Degree preferred. Computer skills are required, interpersonal skills, customer relations and extreme confidentiality.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills and be able to operate related office equipment, organizational skills and management of filing system.
- Must pass a preemployment DOT physical and drug screen, Knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting software preferred and basic clerical skills.
- Must have a valid Ohio driver’s license
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the Allen County area is preferred.
- Management filing system
- Organizational skills
- Excellent Customer Relations Skills
- Knowledge of Office equipment
- Performs bending and stooping for filing purposes.
- Normal office/transit environment.
TO APPLY: Submit resume to Tessa.Laing@jfs.ohio.gov
- Must be able to work successfully with diverse groups of people.