Provides safe efficient age specific nursing care to patients/families using the nursing process in order to assist them to attain, maintain, regain, and sustain optimal health status. Dimensions are:
1. Implements the nursing process by delivering effective relationship based nursing care.
2. Demonstrates technical skills in care delivery that result in safe practice and positive care outcomes.
3. Demonstrates clear communication and effective collaboration to optimize patient care and clinical operations.
4. Develops self and contributes to the professional practice of nursing.
5. Displays leadership that influences optimal clinical and operational outcomes
6. Displays the mission of the hospital and its values.
8 Smythe is a 21 bed nursing unit caring for ICU and Stepdown Cardiovascular patients. 8 Smythe cares for Open Heart surgery, Thoracic surgery, AMI and Stroke patients. All rooms are equipped with overhead lifts and in addition 2 bathrooms have overhead lifts. ICU patient ratio 2:1; Stepdown patient ratio 4:1.
Thorough knowledge of nursing process and practice. Uses a wide variety of technical equipment to meet patient needs and prescribed medical therapies (i.e. stethoscopes, thermometers, sphygmomanometers and electronic monitoring devices.
Diploma in Nursing, Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN) or Master of Nursing (MN) from an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) from accredited program preferred.
Note: Fall 2020, Winter 2020/2021 and Spring 2021 nursing school graduates are eligible to apply. Education and degree verification will be required upon receiving a job offer.
An Ohio RN license is not required to be considered for this position. If selected to move forward, employment offers may be made contingent on candidate successfully obtaining RN license within time frame discussed at the time of offer acceptance.
Current BLS Provider Certification, issued by the American Heart Association, must be obtained during Nursing Orientation.
BSN preferred. Prior experience in the Acute Care setting in a practicum or UAP capacity (STNA, PCNA, NA II, etc.) is preferred.
Be sure to ask your recruiter about our enhanced tuition reimbursement plan and increased shift differentials and our $3,000 employee referral bonus!
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity