Director of Nursing
First Community Village, National Church Residences
Columbus, OH * Full-time
For over 50 years, National Church Residences has been providing quality housing and care for seniors. Our mission is national in scope, as one of the largest not-for-profit provider of affordable housing in the country, with over 350 communities in 25 states and it originates from a Christian commitment of service to older adults. Open to people of every faith, National Church Residences has become a leading name in senior services, retirement community management and support for people in need.
Join our team and share in the mission with National Church Residences! We are looking for aDirector of Nursingto support our Senior Living campus in Columbus, OH and build your career here. This role will work with a team of professionals who support teamwork and innovation while promoting unlimited growth and professional development at every level.
Work/Life Balance, Renovated Facilities
Retirement Plan Available with Company Base and Match Contribution
Generous Paid Time Off Policy, 8 Paid Holidays
Company Paid Long Term and Short Term Disability
Full Time(30 hours or more per week) eligible for Health, Dental, Orthodontic and Vision insurance
Build your career with National Church Residences!We are comprised of multiple facilities and locations in the Central, Northern and Southern Ohio areas andpromote internal growth.
PURPOSE According to the prescribed policies and procedures of the organization including all applicable federal, state and local regulations and under the general supervision of the Executive Director/Administrator has the responsibility of ensuring quality nursing care to all residents and assumes the duties of the Executive Director/Administrator his/her absence.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Evaluates resident care as related to individualized resident needs, family involvement and the physician's plan of care for the resident. * Assesses resident care needs and assist in the development of individualized plans of resident care. * Assumes responsibility of implementation of Clinical and Prospective Payment System Minimum Data Set completion schedule. * Assesses resident pre-admission and/or admission information and determine appropriate level of care. * Assumes responsibility for development and implementation of nursing rehabilitation and restorative programs. * Analyzes Quality Indicator report, identifies concerns and implements corrective action to improve resident care. * Assumes responsibility for analysis of incident and accident investigation reports to determine causes and implements corrective actions, when appropriate. * Conducts or participates in resident care conferences. * Assesses resident responses to medication and treatments and makes appropriate recommendations for nursing action to be implemented. * Reports problems to Administrator, conducts daily resident rounds and initiates corrective action as necessary. * Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action. * Directs and implements nursing service educational programs including, but not limited to, orientation and inservice for licensed and unlicensed nursing personnel. * Conducts staff meetings with all shifts for purposes of planning, coordinating and implementing nursing service policies and procedures. * Demonstrates consistent management of nursing service problems, emergency situations, and initiates "life saving" measures in the absence of a physician. * Assumes responsibility for nursing service compliance with federal, state and local regulations. * Participates in the planning and implementation of the nursing service budget. * Consistently operates nursing service within the established budget guidelines. * Directs allocation of nursing service equipment and supplies within the facility and establishes guidelines for efficient, economical utilization of supplies and equipment. * Ensures availability of equipment for nursing personnel.
* Assesses equipment and supply needs and make recommendations to Administrator. * Directs and supervises scheduling of employees within established guidelines for allocation of nursing service personnel on duty.
* Conducts interviews, hires nursing service employees, conducts counseling interviews and initiates disciplinary action as necessary. * Prepares written employee performance evaluations and initiates recommendations for salary increases, promotions and terminations. * Makes management reports and special assignments and adheres to established time schedules. * Establishes open lines of communication with consultants and consistently takes follow-up action on recommendations. * Communicates daily with nursing personnel providing clear, concise information as well as specific assignments. * Maintains confidentiality of resident and facility information. * Responsible for the day to day operations of the assigned departments within constraints of prescribed budgetary guidelines to include accurate and timely payroll submission, HR, A/P, A/R and billing procedures.
NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS * Participates in on-call rotation.
EXPECTATIONS * Demonstrates and maintains a positive, professional manner, manages time efficiently and effectively, provides leadership as a role model to promote a team approach, collaborates and participates in policy creation and appropriate problem solving methods.
* Must adhere to all policies, procedures, terms and conditions set forth in the National Church Residences' Employee Information Guide (EIG), the Code of Conduct, as well as any facility handbook, including but not limited to, corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state, local regulations and laws.
* With respect to Resident Rights, ensures all care is provided with respect and dignity for the residents/clients, their families and the staff. Reports all complaints made by residents/clients and/or families to the appropriate supervisors, reports all allegations of abuse, misappropriation of funds/resident property and/or any other corporate compliance, drug free workplace, safe work practices, all federal, state and local regulations and laws.
* Completes all annual education requirements timely, including but not limited to Compliance, Privacy, Security and HIPAA training and exhibits behavior as set forth by the Code of Conduct in the performance of their duties.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATION SHEET-Director of Nursing
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing school. Must be an RN.
Experience: Two to four years.
Mental: Must have good communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills. Must have the ability to speak, read, write, and understand English.
Skills: Must have working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, and World Wide Web.
Licensure: A valid license as required by the state in which they work. _______________________________________________________________________
Vision: Normal: Consistent with standard workflow.
With respect to said job description, estimate the daily time spent performing the following activities.
Rare (R) = 0-24%; Sometimes (S) = 25-49%; Frequent (F) = 50-74%; Continuous (C) = 75% plus
R = Climbing S = Stooping Lifting/Carrying: S = 10-25 lbs. S = Standing R = Pushing S = 26-50 lbs. S = Sitting R = Pulling S = 51-75 lbs. F = Walking R = Driving ` S = 76 plus lbs.
Consequences of Errors: Substantial. High monetary responsibility. Supervision Received: Minimal supervision: Employee generally operates by himself/herself checking with supervisor when in doubt.
Working Conditions: Exposure to some disagreeable conditions such as noise, odors, illness, infection and physical contact with disruptive residents
Learn more about our organization in the video below.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, military status, disability, genetic information and/or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.