The Airgas Logistics Operations Center, located in Independence, OH, is looking for an experienced logistics planner for the scheduling of the Helium and Hydrogen tube trailer supply chain. We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented candidate with backgrounds in the logistics, supply chain, or transportation industries to join our team.
Airgas, an Air Liquide Company, is one of the nation's leading suppliers of atmospheric gases, helium, hydrogen, carbon dioxide and nitrous oxide. More than 19,000 employees work in approximately 1,100 locations and offer a competitive edge to our diversified customer base.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
* Strong focus on meeting customer expectations through forecasting and scheduling deliveries of helium and hydrogen tube trailers
* Monitor, estimate and forecast customer usage rates to determine delivery requirements
* Proactively reach out to our customers to understand usage changes and production plans
* Utilize multiple computer-based tools such as SAP, ALTO scheduling software, and telemetry
* Excellent computer skills with attention to detail to confirm systems data (tank readings, telemetry readings, planned deliveries); determine and adjust delivery schedule for customer accounts
* Effectively communicate across our company to the production, distribution and sales departments as well as our drivers, terminal managers and field service technicians
* Support the Airgas safety culture through planning safe deliveries to customer sites and encouraging drivers to adhere to DOT rules and regulations
* Ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines and understand when to escalate potential issues
* Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment. * Excellent organization skills
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to use tact and diplomacy; must be team player
* Analytical abilities
* Attention to detail
* Ability to recognize discrepancies and resolve problems quickly using sound judgment, poise and diplomacy
* Ability to use judgment and reasoning skills, and determine when issues need to be escalated
* Strong follow up skills
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percentages
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelor's degree with emphasis in supply chain, operations management, or logistics preferred
* Two years of prior relevant experience preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
If you are excited about thriving in a collaborative and challenging work environment, then please apply with your resume.
For further information about Airgas, please visitwww.airgas.com
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Primary Location:United States-Ohio-Independence-44131
Job Posting:Feb 15, 2021, 7:38:38 PM
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability