Reference this job order number when inquiring about this position. Inquiries must be made prior to 09/02/2021.
REQUIREMENTS: Must be at least 18 years of age. Must be available the entire work period of 04/25/2021-1/11/2022. Must agree to work Mon-Fri, 6 hours per day, Sat, 5 hours. Employer will provide transportation from employer provided living quarters to work site every day. Must read, and agree to, all terms and conditions of employment prior to a referral to the employer.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS: No experience required. This job requires exposure to extreme temperatures, Driver requirement, ability to lift 100 lbs., repetitive movements, extensive walking, frequent stooping, extensive pushing and pulling, drug screen, criminal background check.
JOB DUTIES: Handling manual tasks associated with commodity production and harvest activities. Must not have any legal or physical impediments to obtaining an Ohio drivers license. Drug screen/background check done at the employer's expense prior to start of work. Must not have any health-related conditions which would conflict with food-safety requirements. Must be willing to provide and/or comply with State of Ohio and federal COVID-19 testing and/or vaccination records
and other sanitary guidelines as requested by the Employers.
1. Manually plant, cultivate, pull. wash/clean/sort, prune fruit trees/berry plants, vegetables, mulching, transplanting, tilling, applying chemicals, picking, harvesting, lifting 100 lb. trays/buckets, weeding, raking and other tasks for fruits, vegetables and pumpkins, covering plants, irrigating/draining areas, general grounds clean up at start & end of season. 70%
2. Cut brush/limb trees with hand tools & chain saws, climb/work on ladders, carry 100 lbs. of limbs and other items, shovel dirt/gravel, pick up rocks. 10%
3. Hand dig 4-5 deep post holes, pound/set posts, install & repair wire fence. 10%
4. Drive tractors, lawn care/garden equipment, pickup trucks. 5%
5. Other duties as assigned. 5%
BOARD ARRANGEMENTS: Employer will furnish free and convenient cooking and kitchen facilities so workers are able to prepare their own meals. The employer will provide transportation to assure workers access to stores where they can purchase groceries.
HOUSING: Employer-provided housing is available for all workers who live outside a reasonable daily driving distance.
TRANSPORTATION TO WORK SITE: The employer will provide transportation for all workers living in the employer-provided housing to and from the daily work site(s).
WORKERS COMPENSATION INSURANCE: Provided.
TOOLS, SUPPLIES, EQUIPMENT: Tools, supplies, and equipment needed to complete the job will be provided by the employer at no cost to the worker.
ALL ASSURANCES AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT MUST BE REVIEWED BY THE JOB SEEKER PRIOR TO REFERRAL TO THE EMPLOYER. THEY ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW AT YOUR NEAREST OhioMeansJobs Centers.
TO APPLY FOR THE JOB OPPORTUNITY: Click Apply Now, Apply by Email or visit the nearest OhioMeansJobs Centers. Reference the job order when inquiring about this job opportunity