Location: Cleveland, OH
Centennial is a national leader in renovation, infrastructure improvements, new construction, sustainable initiatives and emergency services for facility owners. We operate a nationwide network of more than 30 offices led by construction professionals who share a common goal: to keep promises, honor commitments and exceed client expectations. Our performance helps forge strong partnerships, which are strengthened over time.
As the nation's foremost practitioner of Job Order Contracting (JOC) project delivery, Centennial tailors its performance-based approach to best address owner requirements. Centennial adapts its proven systems to ably address project intricacies, whether through Design-Build, Integrated Delivery, Construction Management, On-Call Construction, Engineering and Services or Facility Management.
Centennial serves institutions, government agencies and private industry. As a member of the Bilfinger Engineering and Services Group, Centennial helps clients better control day-to-day expenditures, lower energy consumption and reduce facility management costs.
People constitute Centennial's key differentiator - professionals committed to operating at the forefront of performance-based construction and contributing daily to mutually beneficial, long-term client partnerships.
* Working towards a degree in Construction Management, Engineering or other related discipline
* Previous industry internship/work experiences highly desired
* Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
* Ability to learn sector/project-specific software systems including but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite (ex. Project, Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), ProCore, Adobe, BlueBeam
* Exceptional customer and client focus, ability to succeed in a team environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise and professional presentation of information
* Strong positive attitude, ability to follow direction, take initiative, display desire to learn
* Ability to work well in a team environment
Scope of Responsibility:
An Intern completes a hands-on internship experience within Centennial Contractors, participating in day-to-day operations of the project management team. This training and employment period will be used as an opportunity for the candidate to familiarize themselves with the different facets of construction while learning the way Centennial conducts business relative to our industry. A construction intern reports to a Project Manager or Senior Site Representative.
* Support the project management team with subcontractor and supplier coordination, material tracking, file management, document control (submittals, RFIs and change orders) and progress reporting. Assist the preparation of bid packages and work with team members to solicit and evaluate subcontractor bids
* Support both administrative and construction projects/procedures, reviewing proposals/specifications, drawings, execute material takeoffs, prepare cost estimates and attend preconstruction meetings and client walk-throughs
* Collaborate with site operations and workforce to assist with project layout, construction drawing and trade coordination, verification of site conditions, safety and quality control
* Ensure compliance with Centennial's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc.)
* Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions.
* The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
* The ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary.
* The ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk and hear.
* The ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel.
* The ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach.
* The ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
We are a national General Contractor providing complex renovation and design/build construction services around the country. Our clients include both government and institutional facilities across multiple states. We offer long term opportunities with excellent compensation, benefits and advancement potential. All positions require successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check. This position requires daily, reliable transportation to and from project sites.
I certify that the answers given herein are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. By submitting my application to Centennial and/or affiliated entities, I authorize investigation of all statements contained in this application for employment as may be necessary in arriving at an employment decision. I understand that this application is not and is not intended to be a contract of employment. If I am hired, I understand that I have the right to terminate my employment at any time, with or without cause, and that Centennial and/or affiliated entities retains the same right.
I understand that as an applicant for a position, I may be required to submit to a drug screening and background check as a condition of employment and/or continued employment. I understand that an unsatisfactory result from, refusal to cooperate with, or any attempt to affect the results of these pre-employment tests and background checks will result in withdrawal of any employment offer or termination of employment if already employed.
In the event of employment, I understand that false or misleading information given in my application or interviews may result in discharge. I understand, also, that I am required to abide by all rules and regulations of the company as set forth in the Centennial Employee Handbook.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT AFFIRMATIVE ACTION
You are invited to provide your race, gender and if you are disabled in your employment application, but it is not required. This information is being requested on a voluntary basis solely to fulfill our Affirmative Action requirements as a Federal Contractor. If you prefer not to disclose you will not be subject to any adverse treatment. Any information collected related to a disability will be kept confidential and in accordance with the ADA.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Please reach out to Luis Castillo (703) 537-6016 for any questions related to this position.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Centennial Contractors Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.