Position Summary: Supervision of patient care and access flow by clinical staff. Encourages and promotes patient care outcomes and facilitates daily clinical operations. Responsibilities include:
• Provides leadership in the delivery of direct patient care through management of efficient staffing and patient flow.
• Responsible for staff scheduling to ensure appropriate coverage based on scheduling needs and clinic utilization.
• Directly supervises clinical staff. Responsible for recruitment and performance evaluation and performance management.
• Partner with Education Supervisor to ensure appropriate orientation, education and training requirements and needs are fulfilled.
• Partner with Patient Access Supervisor to effectively manage all aspects of clinic patient access/scheduling.
• Functions as super user of AEMR to ensure chart management and chart accuracy. Trains staff accordingly.
• Serves as Kronos timekeeper, or trains and designates responsibility to team member.
• Oversees and approves clinical supply orders. Responsible for budget reconciliation.
• Track and report on clinical staff productivity; suggest and implement solutions for increased efficiency.
Experience & Knowledge:
2 or more years of clinical supervisory experience preferred
Independent and well organized
Proven problem solving and decision making abilities
Demonstrates independent thinking and ability to facilitate change
Demonstrates skills in human relations
Education:10 years’ experience in healthcare/practice environment. Associate’s degree or equivalent experience required.
Special Skills & Equipment Knowledge:
Familiarity with scheduling systems, (Athena). ACLS preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity