Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Senior DevOps Engineer is responsible for the design, configuration, implementation, deployment, automation and support of web solutions primarily in a global cloud based environment. Heavily creates automation for most work to ensure secure, scalable and repeatable work. Maintains current or near current levels of software, patches, features and configurations for the IT systems. Provides documentation across the multiple environments and cross-trains team members on supported technologies and processes. Responsible for root cause analysis and implementing corrective measure resulting from incidents.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in creating quarterly work plan of activities in support of
customer/vendor goals and/or strategies. Provide input to creation of rolling
maintenance plan of activities 6-12 months in advance.
• Contribute to capacity and scalable planning efforts.
• Develops and implements standards and guidelines to guide infrastructure
• Plans and migrates legacy software and systems to leverage current web
Acquisition & Deployment
• Participate, at the task level, in the transition of support for new IT solutions
that have been implemented for customer by internal teams or other
• Define and implement plans to upgrade/migrate technology versions and to
• Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information
against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
• Participate in application/server/platform lifecycle management.
• Define and deploy servers and applications leveraging automation and source
• Participate in the design, engineering, configuration, operation and
maintenance of secure and scalable internet/cloud hardware and software
infrastructure that serves up web pages and web applications
• Automates installation and configuration standards of applications and software
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues affecting the hardware and software
• Perform automated controlled deployments of digital assets between
development, quality assurance and production environments.
• Tune infrastructure, web and application server performance.
• Ability to plan and complete projects based on high-level requirements with
minimal or no guidance.
• Mentor and coach junior engineers.
• Work closely with lead engineers to understand and implement team standard
platforms and technologies.
• Perform activities in support of a 24x7 global support model for critical
• Track daily work in project management software.
• Define and implement monitoring of business transactions, servers, application,
website and infrastructure.
• Monitor servers, applications and websites leveraging enterprise platform.
• Plan and implement disaster recovery plans.
• Evaluate product proof of concepts.
• Assist with various projects as may be required to contribute to the efficiency
and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and
ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Minimal travel as required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• Good understanding of J2EE technologies, e.g., Servlets, JSPS, EJBS,
• 2 years of experience in any one of these technologies: Puppet, Chef, Ruby,
Python or Shell scripting
• 5 years of hands-on Linux scripting and administration or experience with
managing middleware application technologies is required
• 2 Years experience with DevOps and automation of deploying application in the
cloud is required
• 3+ years experience in Application Server with installation, automation and
• Strong knowledge of WebLogic, WebSphere or other Application server
deployment and analysis of log files.
• Understanding of the key underlying enterprise Java technologies, e.g., JMS,
JDBC, JNDI, including how they are configured and administered.
• Strong working knowledge of Webservers, e.g,Apache, NGINX or other.
• Understanding of DNS, TCP/IP, load balancing and network concepts.
• Strong experience with Shell scripting to automate tasks.
• Strong understanding of automation and deployment tools (Puppet, Jenkins,
GIT or similar).
• Understanding of container technology.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
• Automation and Deployment tools (Jenkins, GIT)
• Container management and deployment (Docker)
• Configuration management tools (Puppet, Chef)
• Cloud hosting experience
• Infrastructure as Code (Cloudformation)
• Application Performance Monitoring (DynaTrace or similar).
• IBM WebSphere Commerce
• Good knowledge of LDAP concepts and experience working with a LDAP
• Adobe Experience Manager CMS or similar
• IBM MQ experience.
• Search platforms like Solr.
• IBM Sterling Order Management experience.
• Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
• Good written and oral communication skills.
• Good presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to conduct research into database issues, standards, and products.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
• Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to understand automation and leverage it to do most work.
This is a remote position which may be performed anywhere within the United States
except for within the state of Colorado.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.