We are a fast-growing, mission-driven fintech company that provides quality financial services for people whose needs go unmet by traditional institutions. It is an honor to wake up in the morning knowing that we have a profound impact on our customers’ lives, whether it’s our True Link Prepaid Visa Card saving a retiree from losing thousands of dollars to scams or our True Link investment advisory platform helping a young woman with a disability plan for her future while protecting her medical benefits.
As a Customer Service Representative, you will quickly become an integral member of our customer support team and a go-to expert on our customers. You will field a variety of inbound phone inquiries and provide warm, professional customer service to the people who rely on our services most to navigate important decisions and life situations.
If you are someone who gets energized by speaking with customers, values helping people in their work, and possesses a high degree of empathy and patience, this might be the perfect role for you - we encourage you to apply!
We are looking for someone who can work a set 40-hour per week Monday through Friday schedule (either 9am to 5pm or 12pm to 8pm) or a consecutive five-day work week that includes one or two weekend days. This position will be based in Columbus, Ohio.
What You'll Do
- Provide exceptional support to our customers via phone and email
- Learn and embody the “True Link Voice” - our unique way of communicating with customers
- Be a detective and a problem solver who helps people resolve unique financial issues
- Help individuals with unique financial needs navigate important life situations
- Help with operational tasks and projects
- Share customer feedback and experiences with the team
- Proudly represent our company that is known for providing top-notch customer support
Who You Are
- A strong communicator - A patient, kind, and empathetic listener who is eager to understand where people are coming from and help them as much as you can; Energized by the opportunity to speak with our customers over the phone
- Someone who absolutely loves to help people - An optimist who maintains a positive attitude when faced with a challenge or problem
- Ambitious and career-oriented - You’re looking for a job where you can dig in and take on opportunities; Excited to join a fast-growing company that changes people’s lives for the better; Comfortable learning and navigating systems, following processes, and taking in new information; Interested in learning from feedback and dedicated to improving your skills
- Someone who is able to take responsibility and demonstrates ownership in helping our customer - A punctual, trustworthy, and reliable professional; Goes above and beyond to provide the best possible customer support; Eager to work on a team and create respectful, supportive relationships with your colleagues and customers
- Preferred, but not required: you've had previous professional experience working in customer service or have personal or professional experience working with people with disabilities, vulnerable older adults, or people in the recovery from addiction.
- Please note that special consideration will be given to applicants with weekend availability and individuals with flexible schedule availability.
Why You'll Love Us
- We’ve got the energy and passion of a startup combined with the professionalism of a financial services firm and the compassion of a mission-driven organization that truly cares about the people we serve.
- We’re just getting started! With fifty million Americans in our addressable market, we are growing quickly into a large financial services company that will be developing new products you will help us shape and take to market.
- We offer competitive wages, Health, Dental & Vision coverage, and an awesome vacation package.
- Our customers are not only grateful for our services but are the absolute best. We have the privilege of providing financial protection for vulnerable members of society and partnering with expert service providers to do so. Our customers and partners love us, and we love them back. You can sleep soundly every night knowing you are doing a really wonderful thing by getting our services into more hands.
- We treat one another like we treat our customers: with 100% respect and dignity. Diversity and inclusion are cultural values we take very seriously, and we welcome team members of all backgrounds and identities.
- Our offices are dog friendly and filled with snacks, catered lunch, and a group of friendly, caring people. We’re happy to still be enjoying laughs with colleagues and appearances of furry friends over Zoom for now.
- With offices across the country, we welcome applicants who want to join our future Columbus, OH office when it’s safe to work alongside each other again (and remote until then).
If you are a high-performing person who wants to join a diverse, inclusive team and use your skills to make a real impact in people’s lives, we invite you to apply to join our team. Please submit a resume to be considered.