Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The Lead Project Manager for the Global Point of Sale team is an inward and outward facing organizer and facilitator who will work within the Global Group and collaborates with the rest of the business/delivery teams. This role will be responsible for facilitating team activities, developing and tracking metrics, and reporting all project activities for multiple IT initiatives and will encourage teams to adhere to project management principles regardless of practice or methodology type employed.
Strategy & Planning
• Share project management best practices with the Enterprise.
• Actively participate, both internally and externally, in the project management community.
• Mentor and motivate teams while promoting program practices.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Facilitate collaborative activities within the program delivery team.
• Champion project management principles, values, and practices.
• Facilitate the development of team norms.
• Ensure team is accountable for the agreed upon norms.
• Track delivery team process, ensuring sustainable pace and quality.
• Promote engagement of the team by encouraging the team to appropriately manage project delivery.
• Promote continuous improvement within the delivery team.
• Collaborate with other project leadership to effectively manage risks and coordinate mitigation efforts.
• Collaborate with external teams / groups to create awareness and facilitate execution of delivery team goals.
• Provide transparency to the team and stakeholders by ensuring metrics are relevant, available, and up-to-date.
• Prepare and lead presentations to team members and executives.
• Collaborate with Development Leads, IT and Business Owners to promote a shared vision and roadmap.
• Create and maintain work effort and budget reports.
• Provide business reports to management and clients as assigned.
• Ensure adherence to defined project management processes and methodologies.
• Mentor Professional Apprentices where applicable.
• Understanding of servant leadership.
• Mentor peers on techniques to enhance skills and management of internal project initiatives.
• Assist with other projects as required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Prepare and lead presentations as requested.
• Minimal travel, up to 25%, may be required
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree in IT, Business or related field or equivalent experience.
• PMI Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) or PMI Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• 8+ years IT and/or Business experience
• 8+ years hands on experience managing IT projects.
• 5+ years working with internal clients and/or external agencies/partners.
• Well versed in Microsoft Office applications and Project Management tools.
• Broad base of technology and business experience including strategy, design, implementation, operations for application development organizations.
• Knowledge of project life cycles and project methodology.
• Understand and execute IT Service Delivery processes including Incident Management, Problem Management, Change Management, and Configuration Management.
• Point-of-Sale (XStore or other) knowledge or experience preferred
• Multilingual capabilities preferred (Spanish and/or Portuguese).
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Exceptional ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
• Excellent systems/process orientation with demonstrated analytical thinking, organization skills and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Ability to quickly pick up new tools and technologies.
• Strong ability to train and teach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Exceptional ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Temporary work from home protocalls may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.