We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
The Industry Analyst II position carries out ad-hoc analysis, third party database maintenance, and retailer-specific reports from a number of data sources, including Point-of-Sale (POS), consumer data, shipments, product footage, and other internal and 3rd party database systems (e.g. Retailer Loyalty Card Data Portals, IRI, APT, Kantar Retail, etc). Analyzes and interprets data using category management, programming skills, and statistical techniques in order to improve sales performance at retail under the direction of the Industry Analytics Lead.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* 3rd party database maintenance including:
* Compiling and transmitting UPCs information to ensure accurate and up to date product categorizations
* Validating POS and consumer data past and present
* Proactively communicate and work with external vendors to solve known or suspected data discrepancies
* Ensure data is readily available and access to clients
* Ad-hoc support and consultation on cross-functional projects or inquiries requiring the use of 3rd party data
* Responsible for understanding third-party hierarchies and alignment with internal hierarchies
* Work closely with internal and external clients to develop strong fact-based reporting
* Evaluate and develop analytical methodologies to track, analyze, and plan retailer opportunities. This individual leverages Point-of-Sale, shipment, and product footage data as well as 3rd party data sources to provide breakthrough insights for the retailer, Sales, Marketing, Business Units and Product Merchant teams under direction of the Industry Analytics Lead.
* Track merchandising and promotional efforts to determine if they were efficient and effective and make recommendations for improvement.
* Quantify program initiatives and sales trends in order to help develop annual sales plans internally as well as for the retailer
* Estimate the size of the total industry for greeting cards, gift packaging and any other category as requested or needed
* Develops presentation decks that are used by the internal and external stakeholders
* Communicate insights effectively, both verbally and in writing. The accuracy of reporting and analysis is paramount as many reports are directly shared with retailers and upper management.
* The ability to successfully manage several concurrent projects at one time under close direction of the Industry Analytics Lead
* Other duties as assigned.
* Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
* 13 paid holidays
* Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
* 401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
* Tuition assistance
* Wellness program
* AG Workperks Discount Program
* All Hands Meetings
* Employee Assistance Program
* Medical, dental, vision
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor