Entry Level Environmental Scientist/Geologist (Full-time) - Engineering, Construction and Remediation Practice - Columbus, OH
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960s, is a global engineering, consulting, and construction management firm that provides integrated services tothe environmental, energy, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in government and industry, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. The unparalleled strength of our diverse staff and firm commitment to solving our customers' toughest challenges have made TRC a trusted advisor - providing comprehensive services and groundbreaking solutions. We not only share our clients' goals, we take responsibility for reaching them.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated entry-level Environmental Scientist or Geologist to join our growing team of engineers and geoscientists in Ohio. The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual looking for career growth and will provide support for a wide variety of technically challenging projects primarily for industrial, financial, renewable energy, and legal clients. As an Environmental Scientist, you will apply your knowledge and develop new skills while working on challenging projects. By providing you with mentors, you will have direct-access to experienced professionals to support your growth and attainment of well-rounded knowledge that will offer boundless opportunities for your professional development. TRC's Ohio offices offer a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that provides access to a broad spectrum of professional experiences in an office that thrives on teamwork.
* Broad variety of field data collection including soil, soil gas, and groundwater sampling.
* Management of subcontractors, drilling oversight and well installation.
* Oversight and documentation of construction activities.
* Support feasibility study development and analysis, remedy design, remedy implementation, operation, maintenance, and monitoring.
* Support environmental investigation, compliance and remediation projects in the field and office.
* Prepare work plans and proposals.
* Conduct Phase I and Phase II environmental assessments.
* Prepare technical reports.
* Support management of tasks to ensure internal and external expectations are met for scope, budget, schedule, and quality.
* Interaction with clients, vendors, and subcontractors.
* Bachelor of Science or Master of Science Degree in environmental science, geology or hydrogeology.
* For recent college graduates, an internship or cooperative education experience with an environmental consulting firm is preferred.
* Must have excellent communication and writing skills, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment managing multiple deadlines for multiple Project Managers.
* Fluency with Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc.) is mandatory.Fluency with Python, gINT, LogPlot, MATLAB, AQTESOLV and/or ArcGIS or other environmental or engineering-related software applications is preferred but not required.
* Must possess solid technical and problem-solving skills and must be willing to accept short- and long-term field assignments, with some overnight travel expected.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Candidates possessing a 40-hour HAZWOPER health and safety training certificate or an up-to-date 8-hr annual refresher course certification are preferred.Candidates without current certification or without prior 40-hr training will be required to attend (and receive certification) immediately upon hire.
* Columbus, Ohio is the preferred location, but will consider candidates for our Cincinnati and Cleveland offices.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Cincinnati, OH - CNC
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled