Acupuncturist - Pain Management Main Campus
The Staff Acupuncturist will work under the auspices of the Comprehensive Pain Service and is responsible for evaluation for and administration of acupuncture therapy for pediatric and select adult patients. Care will be provided in both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Acupuncturists will have to demonstrate competence in working with children birth to 21 years of age in a family centered, pediatric, integrated medicine setting, and in infection control practices. In addition, the staff acupuncturist will be expected to participate in research and education efforts of the Comprehensive Pain Service.
Contingent position must be able to work Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays as needed.
Experience with pediatric acupuncture preferred.
Why Nationwide Children's Hospital?
The moment you walk through our doors, you can feel it. When you meet one of our patient families, you believe it. And when you talk with anyone who works here, you want to be part of it, too. Welcome to Nationwide Children's Hospital, where Passion Meets Purpose.
Here, Everyone Matters. We're 12,000 strong. And it takes every single one of us to improve the lives of the kids we care for, and the kids from around the world we'll never even meet.Kids who are living healthier, fuller lives because of the knowledge we share. We know it takesaCollaborative Cultureto deliver on our promise to provide the very best, innovative care and to fosternewdiscoveries, made possible by the most groundbreaking research. Anywhere.
Ask anyone with a Nationwide Children's badge what they do for a living. They'll tell you it's More Than a Job. It's a calling. It's achanceto use and grow your talent to make an impact thattrulymatters.Because here, we exist simply to help children everywhere.
Nationwide Children's Hospital. A Place to Be Proud
1. Completes assessment of pain history and develops plan for acupuncture therapy in collaboration with Chief of Pain Service.
2, Applies principles of growth and development and applies age specific competencies in working with the various age patients.
3. Documents treatment plan and response in medical record.
4. Educates patient/family on procedure, risks and benefits of acupuncture.
5. Participates in care conferences with Pain Team to evaluate alternative care when goals of acupuncture are deemed ineffective.
6. Provides education to other health care team members on the use of acupuncture.
7. Applies family centered care principles in all interactions with patients and families.
8. Adheres to customer service principles as defined by Nationwide Childrens Hospital to both internal and external customers.
9. Protects confidentiality of patients.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
1. Certification by the National board of Acupuncture or Oriental Medicine
2. Licensure by the Ohio Medical Board
3. Experience with pediatric acupuncture preferred
4. Evidence of at least one year of practice or education in an integrated medicine environment
5. Must have own malpractice insurance
MINIMUM PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. Must be able to see, hear, speak, read and perform manual tasks with or without accommodation, and care for oneself with little or no difficulty.
2. Must be able to independently lift up to 25 lbs. occasionally
The above list of duties is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of duties performed by the individual so classified, nor is it intended to limit or modify the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work of employees under his/her supervision.
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Click here to get started.