We are American Greetings.
We are friendly hellos and great big smiles. We work hard and know how to have fun.
Our innovative and creative work is a reflection of each of us and the culture and values we share.
We are excited that you want to join us in helping make the world a more thoughtful and creative place.
Every. Single. Day
Our commitment to diversity is based on this basic belief that many points of view come together to make a stronger and more creative organization. It makes our products more authentic, and it makes American Greetings an even more exciting place to work.
Diverse and inclusive culture with employee resources groups
13 paid holidays
Flexible Schedules (Department Based)
401k- dollar-per-dollar match up to 6%
AG Workperks Discount Program
All Hands Meetings
Employee Assistance Program
Medical, dental, vision
The Category Manager position is responsible for developing and delivering sound, data-driven, forward looking recommendations regarding space allocation, program allocation, initiatives, tests, and retail opportunities across all of Target greeting cards. These recommendations should include strong analysis supporting the conclusions and should be actionable in the Target retail environment. This role is expected to work closely with the Category Management Director, BUs and Sales team to deliver forward-looking recommendations across the total card department.
The Category Manager is supported by Category Analysts who provide standard reporting and data analysis from a number of data sources, including Point-of-Sale, shipments, product footage, pockets and other internal data management/mining systems. The Category Manager then synthesizes and interprets data to arrive at recommendations. (Therefore, The Category Manager must have significant product, merchandising, and business process knowledge to be able to work independently in supporting the business.) Recommendations may address standard cadence questions, specific requests from BU or Sales, or proactive identification of opportunities. Manager will supervise various cross-functional projects. Supports Sales, the BUs, and Operations to drive total department productivity and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Support Card BU teams with sound insights and recommendations to drive ongoing planning
* Develop and deliver executive and client-ready presentations to communicate recommendations
* Address issues and opportunities regarding total space allocation across programs, including inline, end caps, and outposts
* Understand and address the cross-category implications of recommendations to deliver total department solutions
* Prioritize time, efforts, and resources to deliver highest return for total Target business
* Deliver timely, actionable responses to ad hoc requests from Sales and BU regarding space and productivity opportunities
* Develop proactive recommendations and opportunities based on review and analysis of standard reports and observations
* Manage analyses and projections to support annual financial planning
* Managers and supervises cross-functional projects and teams
* Assist in training and developing Category Analysts
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. We desire to place a priority on referrals of protected veterans. EOE M/F/disability/vet VEVRAA Federal Contractor