TITLE: IM Caseworker 2
CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
PAY RATE: $17.73 - $18.23/hr.
If you are looking for a rewarding career in Human Services and you want to make a difference in the lives of others by providing benefits to the citizens of Allen County, then an Income Maintenance Caseworker job is for you.
This is a full-time employment. You will interact with clients first hand face to face or via telephone.
- Interviews clients and processes cases to determine initial eligibility for assistance programs, Medical and Food Stamps in Agency/clients home.
- Maintains records.
- Processes interactive interviews with client to re-determine ongoing eligibility for assistance programs, related Medical programs, and Public Assistance Food Stamps.
- Responsible for assistance program, related medical programs and Food Stamps caseload, telephone calls and client interviews (both in the agency and in the client home).
- Refers clients to other agency units when appropriate.
- Completes all forms necessary for maintaining assistance programs, related medical and Food Stamp cases.
- Completes necessary paperwork for computer matches, desk review, etc.
- Computes over payment/over-issuance and completes forms.
- Accesses online manuals for current rules and regulations.
- Prepares cases for County Conferences/State Hearings and acts as agency representative.
- Attends meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc. as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned (e.g. special assignments for supervisor, completes daily planner, filing, etc.).
Salary and Benefits:
- $17.73 - $18.23/hr.
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- State retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours a day PLUS PAID LUNCH
- $0.25 pay increase with Associates Degree
- $0.50 pay increase with Bachelor's Degree
- Must have a passion in helping others.
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred (business management, business administration, human services, social services, etc.).
- Must have the ability to problem solve and not be intimidated by challenges
- Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of the position.
Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
To learn more about Allen County Job and Family Services, please visit our website at www.acjfs.org
Watch this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aguenKEHjU
To apply: Submit resume to Deana.Basinger@jfs.ohio.gov