On behalf of a furniture warehouse located in Boston Heights, Ohio, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is currently seekingQuality Assurance Inspectors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to inspect various styles of furniture and accessories to corporate specifications.
- Accomplish minor repairs and touch-ups on incoming and outgoing items.
- Reject items that do not meet specifications and cannot be made to conform to minor repair touch-up.
- Identify recurring problems with specific suppliers or stock items using standard incident report forms.
- Properly prepare inspected items for delivery so as to prevent damages from occurring through our different process of product to assure product integrity to storage.
- Follow procedures set forth by Supply Chain Management on time and attendance
- Work in partnership with other shift supervisors/managers to manage work staff and work flow on a daily basis.
- Adapts to change quickly and easily and performs effectively during times of change; demonstrates the ability to multi-task and manages competing priorities effectively
- Builds respectful and effective working relationships; collaborates with others to achieve common goals
- Conveys information clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing; adjusts communication to meet the needs of the audience
- Strives to meet or exceed the expectations of internal and external customers
- Demonstrates initiative by acting as a self-starter; takes on increased responsibility to enhance one’s contribution
- Displays a high degree of integrity, honesty and takes responsibility for one’s own actions; shows consistency between words and actions
Education, Experience and Other Qualifications:
Essential Functions of the Position:
- High school diploma; College degree preferred
- Some warehouse experience strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of computer programs
- Understanding of general work practices in warehousing and distribution, including order picking, packing, and shipping processes and procedures.
- Dedicated to business and willing to adjust schedule and hours as needed to manage department.
- Performing tasks in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Repetitive movements.
- No physical limitations that limit the ability to carry and move furniture weighing up to 175 pounds.
- Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.