As a lead sheet metal worker with our company, you will become part of a team of stellar employees who are highly valued and skilled. We are a family owned and operated business dedicated to performing quality work and providing outstanding service to our customers. As a member of our team, you will plan, lay out, repair, and install sheet metal products and parts. You will get to put your technical and mathematical skills to use operating tools and machines, and taking measurements according to blueprints. This role will be great for anyone who wants to make the most of their abilities, and grow with a family-oriented company committed to hard work.
- Utilize and interpret blueprints to determine how and where to fabricate, assemble, and install sheet metal products
- Measure, mark dimensions, and lay out material to be installed using tools such as scribes, rulers, calculators, and squares
- Fasten joints and seams in sheet metal with solder, welds, caulk, and bolts, ensuring work is done carefully and bonds will last
- Field measure duct work and transitions and fabricate to customer specs, using Carbon Steel, Aluminum and Stainless Steel
- Ensure that efficiency is maximized while fabricating and installing systems
- Use hand and power tools to trim, buff, smooth, file and grind metal surfaces and joints of parts that have been assembled to ensure safety and a seamless appearance
- Select the appropriate type of gauge of sheet metal to be used in projects according to specifications
- Ensure safety is a priority on the job during all activities, including using tools, and installing and fabricating metal
- Willing to take lead role in projects
Job Skills & Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to lift heavy materials and tools
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Excellent math skills
- 8-10 years of sheet metal experience
- MIG & TIG Welding
- OSHA certification
- Knowledge of building codes
- Draw and design using CAD software
- Full-Time, First Shift
- Workdays: Monday through Saturday (40+ hours per week)
- Start Time: 6:00 a.m.
QWF offers a competitive wage and a full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, 3% company retirement match, paid holidays and vacation.