Seeking an experienced Nurse Practitioner to work in a new Ambulatory Infusion Center at the UH North Ridgeville Health Center. NP will run the infusion center from a clinical standpoint, complete patient assessments, charting and billing. Will oversee and participate in non-Oncology infusions (rheumatology, ophthalmology, digestive health, MS, blood products, antibiotics and others). Must be comfortable as the leading provider and delegating to other healthcare staff. Will need to be comfortable in starting IV and infusions as well as addressing emergency situations if they arise. Center hours will be 8am-8pm M-F and 8am-5pm on Saturday. NP will be required to work every other Saturday.
• Performs patient assessment and assigns diagnosis based on recorded assessment data and current scientific and current research.
• Establishes plan of care and implements interventions in accordance with care paths, protocols, and standards of care and current research.
• Collaborates w/other health care providers in an interdisciplinary approach to provide care to the patient and family.
• Contributes to the educational development of staff, patients, family and self.
• Demonstrates progressive leadership and effective management.
• Provides education through role modeling and in-services to meet identified learning needs and to promote professionalism.
• Advances own professional development through self-directed learning, continuing education and participation in peer review.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with patients/customers.
• Initiates and maintains positive relationships with co-workers.
• Takes responsibility for self-development and supports a learning environment.
• Displays commitment to the mission of the hospital and its values
Experience and Knowledge:
Experienced NPs preferred, but will consider new grad NPs with an infusion, ICU or UC/ED experience. Oncology nurses with infusion exerience will also be considered.
Demonstrated leadership skills
Demonstrated skills in interpersonal relationships
Desire to be independent in decision making
Nursing Doctorate or Master of Science in Nursing
Required Credentials, Licensure or Certification (i.e. RN, RRT):
Current RN license to practice in Ohio
Current APRN license to practice in Ohio
Adult/Gero, Family Med or Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification
Background in Infusion, ICU, or Urgent Care/ED
Equal Opportunity Employer – minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity