OhioMeansJobs | Medina County is recruiting on behalf of construction company in Kent, Ohio.
Civil engineering requires the application of a general knowledge of the physical sciences and mathematics underlying engineering and specialized knowledge of commercial and residential land development, site development, stream restoration, and utility design.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in the planning and design of commercial and residential land development, stream restoration and utility projects.
- Evaluate, select and apply standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Use judgment to assist in the design of assigned aspects of storm sewer, sanitary sewer, water main, site intermediate and final grading, and storm water management
- Prepare design calculations and engineering plans for compliance with applicable regulatory agencies.
- Assist in the preparation of contract documents to include project specifications and quantity/ cost estimates.
- Use construction inspection report data to prepare as-built plans for final project approvals.
- Assist with local, county, state and federal permitting and compliance with other regulatory requirements.
- Assist in the entitlement process with conceptual and preliminary layouts though final regulatory approvals.
- Problem Solving/Analysis.
- Initially, will perform work using/interpreting detailed instructions on routine tasks.
- As experience expands, will exercise limited judgment to perform more complex tasks.
- Technical Capacity.
- Will be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3Dor AutoCAD Land Desktop.
- Initially, will develop skills based on a fundamental understanding of principles and the equipment used.
- As experience expands, will advance skills application from routine tasks to performing segments of a broader project.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Initially, will interact with others as required combined with the ability to follow and interpret direction.
- As experience expands, will be able to interact with others at a higher level on more complex issues. May interact with customers/external contacts as needed.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Initially, will require collaboration with supervisor while learning basic engineering practices.
- As experience expands, will be able to assist other team members with projects.
No supervisory duties, initially working under close or directed supervision.
Assignments later may be screened by supervisor to provide guidance on new or more complex duties
This job will primarily be performed within an office environment but there will be occasional exposure to external climate and geographic conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, with a minimum expectation of 40 hours per week. Hours are flexible based on peak workload periods.
No overnight travel is anticipated for this position. Some occasional local day travel may be necessary.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- EIT testing / passing is required while in this position or sooner.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD Civil 3D or AutoCAD Land Desktop.
- To advance to next level, 3-4 years of full-time professional engineering experience.
- A Master’s degree in Civil Engineering may substitute for one year of the experience requirement.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.