TITLE: Career Consultant CLASSIFICATION: Eligibility/Referral Specialist 2
HOURS: 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. PAY RATE: $17.73 - $18.23/hr.
Join our team! Make a difference in your community. Between the great benefits and positive work environment, this is an opportunity unlike any other! We are hiring a full-time Career Consultant.
This position will focus on the coordination of services for employers and job seekers in Allen County.
- Acts as primary contact to customers, as well as employers, in the marketing and referral of customers.
- Provide customers with job center programs and assists with creating professional resumes and registering on OMJ.
- Assists customers in developing job search skills.
- Answers and transfers phone calls within the Job Center.
- Works with local workforce development organizations and employers to determine employers’ needs, and program availability (OJT, WEP, SEP, tax credits, training incentives, etc.) to assist with job openings, new hires and employee retention.
- Posts and maintains job postings on spreadsheet, job board, and on OMJ.
- Conducts resume searches for job postings, recruits qualified candidates, and refers candidates to employers.
- Assists with social media and website updates and postings.
- Determines eligibility for WIOA Adult, Dislocated Worker, Youth, and Social Service programs.
- Maintains ongoing caseload of active clients.
- Assists customers with financial literacy.
- Maintains accurate records.
- Completes contracts and paperwork for training.
- Attends meetings and training sessions at the state and local levels, to learn new methods, regulations and policies.
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. assisting administrators and supervisors in compiling information, completion of special projects, training and meetings, etc.).
Salary and Benefits
- Pay ranges from $17.73 - $18.23/hr.
- 11 paid holidays
- Vacation time
- Public Employee retirement system
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Work 7.5 hours per day, plus paid lunch
- Completion of a baccalaureate degree in related field preferred.
Watch About Us video on YouTube here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aguenKEHjU
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to Jessie Doyle at Jessie.Doyle@jfs.ohio.gov with “Career Consultant” in the subject line.