OhioMeansJobs | Medina County is recruiting on behalf of this company.
The Packer/Skidder position is responsible formonitor temperatures soups and packing items into the boxes. This will also include palletize boxes and placing finished pallets in the appropriate location, pre op equipment at start of shift. Organize all boxes at end of shift.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Examine, inspect materials, and products in order to ensure that packing specifications are met.
- Coordinate chill tank operations with the machine operator and cooks
- Peal labels on all boxes not being used and return any overstocked boxes to warehouse, proper hand off to second shift daily.
- Stack/un-stack products as needed, lifting/carrying up to 35 lbs. on a frequent basis
- Ensure proper line clearance for the packing end
- Prepare and complete all customer orders including audit reports
- Check labels or tags for accuracy
- Rotate from packing to skidding at any point during production
- Follow detailed instructions and understand schedules and procedures
- Ability to communicate on a daily basis with QA, maintenance, management and other departments as necessary
- Possess a sense of urgency when dealing with load outs and critical soups
- Daily housekeeping-restock, clean, and sweep area
- Follow all Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, and Safe Quality Food requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required
- Manufacturing experience preferred
- Knowledge of proper packing procedures
- Knowledge of Food Safety preferred
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Able to work in a cold/wet environment
- Good communications skills
- Basic computer skills
- Meet the job duty requirements within 30 days of hire
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Employees will be required to walk, kneel, sit and stand long periods of time up to 8-12 hours at a time.
- Must be willing and able to frequently push, pull, squat, bend, and reach frequently.
- Hand-eye coordination is required to properly complete job.
- Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as cold/wet temperatures and/or loud noises.
- May frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
What we offer
- Free Health Care Benefits
- Competitive pay rates for ALL of our positions
- An incentive for a $1.00/per hr. attendance bonus
- Vacation time after 1 year of employment and personal days
- FUN Company sponsored events!