*APPLY TODAY TO BE ELLIGIBLE FOR A LUCRITIVE SIGN-ON BONUS*
GFS Chemicals is a Columbus, OH, USA based manufacturer of specialty and fine chemicals serving customers worldwide since 1928. As an ISO 9001-2015 certified manufacturer, GFS’s capability to produce specialty alkynes and olefins, pharmaceutical building blocks, trace metal salts and solutions, low moisture/anhydrous salts, and specialty rare earth salts and solutions makes GFS a preferred partner for organizations across an array of industries. GFS’ staff works hand-in-hand with customers during the development and commercialization processes of new chemical technologies. From research lab to pilot plant, from production to commercialization, GFS Chemicals is here to give you knowledgeable answers to any of your technical questions.
Safely and efficiently prepare chemicals for shipment.
· Move materials between warehouses via forklift, cart, and hand
· Prepare materials for shipment to customers
· Assist in repack/inventory department as needed, preparing material units in quantities on order, backorder, & stock
· Assist in other areas of the company, as needed, to meet the general needs of the production operation.
· Assist in Receiving functions including but not limited to: unloading trucks, verifying product, receiving in the host computer, processing RMA’s, delivering materials
· Must be able to lift, carry, move drum containers
· Must be able to read & legibly write in the English language
· Must be able to speak and understand the English language
· Must be able to walk on concrete floors with steel-toed boots 8 hours a day
· Must be able to work with exposure to hot & cold temperatures as duties require movement in and out of buildings
· Must be able to bend, twist, stoop, crawl, climb stairs, etc.
· Must have good hand-eye coordination
· Must have fine finger dexterity
· Must be able to pass pre-employment and random substance abuse screenings
· Problem solving/analytical skills
· Good math skills, including metric & basic algebra
· Ability to communicate verbally with co-workers & others
· Previous experience with hazardous chemicals
· Forklift certifiable and respirator certifiable preferred
· Maintains a positive attitude toward work and others
· Works well unsupervised after training
· Good organizational skills
· Good housekeeping skills
· MS Office, barcode devices/WMS
Education and Work Experience:
· HS Diploma required
· 0-1 years’ experience in similar role
- The company will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this position. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future are not eligible for hire.
- Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
- Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance,
- Health Savings Account (HSA),
- 401(k) and 401(k) matching,
- Company Paid Life Insurance/AD&D Coverage,
- Voluntary Life Insurance,
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability, and more.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
· Safely and efficiently operate a powered industrial truck in warehouses, storage spaces, and other facilities
· Wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to work or visit within areas where it is required.
o This includes safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel toed shoes, protective gloves and suits, fall protection devices and/or other protective equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being done
· Successfully pass a company physical
· Be medically cleared, and able, to wear required respirator(s)
· Be capable of walking, stepping, climbing or otherwise moving from one location on the job site to another, sometimes using steps or ladders
· Work at elevated heights
· Be able to work in adverse weather conditions/temperatures
· Be able to stand/sit for 8+ hours
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description has been reviewed to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and GFS Chemicals, Inc. reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as The Company may deem appropriate.