OhioMeansJobs | Medina County, OMJMC, is recruiting on behalf of a local construction company.
Construction Site Supervisor
The Site Supervisors are skilled, hardworking individuals/crews in the construction industry throughout the United States. These “Road Warriors” will manage many projects ensuring high quality workmanship and effective communication on projects across the country. The Site Supervisor and crews possess a wide range of skill sets within the Construction Industry.
- Coordinate activities with main office Project Manager to complete project within the given budget and time frame
- Effectively manage people involved in projects to ensure all policies and procedures are followed to the company guidelines
- Observe and inspect construction to ensure adherence to specifications and contact documents
- Supervise, verify and approve the work of subcontractors according to the job specifications
- Provide daily verbal and written communication to office-based Project Manager concerning progress and delays
- Follow and enforce Company Safety, Environmental and Quality Standards at all times and other duties as assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: Direct and indirect supervision of project-assigned associates and
- Ability to travel nationwide. Travel required up to 100% of the time
- Must own tools and have reliable transportation to meet job demands
- Clean driving record to enable insurability through company agent
- Working knowledge in commercial construction
- Must have 4 years of experience in either trade or supervisor role
- Proven ability and willingness to manage others
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel for preparing weekly project reports
- Ability to work on active construction job sites
- Ability to stand and walk in construction areas for long periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to follow all safety requirements
Working Conditions / Physical Demands:
This position works primarily on active Construction sites. This position is primarily located on a construction site where you are working under various and unpredictable conditions, including but not limited to wind, rain, heat, and cold. Sometimes the work may also include being indoors in an office. You are also often exposed to various machine sounds and noise levels, which can be distracting and uncomfortable. You are also required to wear protective equipment often, such as hard hats, when on a construction site. In addition, this position may require you to sit or stand for extended periods of time (ex. 8 hours or more), as well as walking on level and slippery surfaces, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, stooping, squatting, grasping and making repetitive hand movement in the performance of daily duties. The need to lift equipment and
supplies weighing up to 50 pounds occasionally. Ability to climb ladders and work heights, including on top of multi-story buildings. Performing the duties of this position does present mechanical and electrical hazards.