On behalf of the Oriana House, Inc. in Akron, OhioMeansJobs|Summit County is seeking a Electronic Health Records (EHR) Receptionist
Essential functions of this job include, but are not limited to:
- Sorts morning mail for courier pick up. Separates mail when delivered. Distributes in an accurate and timely manner.
- Schedules clients’ appointments for central assessment in an accurate, timely, and effective manner using CareLogic.
- Types accurate routine correspondence, reports, and other documents from handwritten drafts or verbal instructions using Microsoft Word and other software applications. Performs accurate data entry using Microsoft Excel.
- Makes photocopies and maintains photocopier in proper working order. Also scans all Drug Court and Court Journals paper, photo ID’s, insurance cards, proof of residency and client information card.
- Enters information in master client logs for Central Assessment and Drop In (written and computerized) in an accurate and timely manner. Enters information including: client name, client SSN, discharge date, referral source, referred to agency, counselor name, insurance, and employee name.
- Receives, screens, and directs telephone calls effectively and in a professional and courteous manner.
- Courteously greets and directs visitors at the facility.
- Signs in/out all outside visitors and logs them in the visitor sign in book. Only permits authorized visitors beyond receptionist area. Immediately notifies supervisor and on-site supervisor of unauthorized visitors who fail to follow directives.
- Completes accurate intake forms (e.g., financial consent packet for all central assessment and ambulatory clients) using CareLogic.
- Assists with ambulatory clients and notifies the nurse if client is in need of assistance after receiving medication. Notifies ambulatory nurse when client arrives.
- Creates accurate and organized client intake binders consisting of various paperwork according to nursing staff guidelines reference sheet.
- Makes reminder calls to clients as that are scheduled two weeks out in CareLogic.
- Strong computer and data entry skills required.
- Is able to accurately pass typing and/or data entry test.
- Willingness to work with the offender population.
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries.