The ECS LDAR Technician is responsible for conducting air monitoring and emissions measurement activities, performing equipment calibrations and maintenance, and collecting and organizing field data for air quality compliance and emissions assessment program.
Essential Job Functions
* Maintains a safe, secure and healthy environment by adhering to Company/Customer safety standards and practices and to legal regulations, alerting others regarding potential hazards or concerns
* Performs all duties as assigned and adheres to TEAM's Core Values.
* Performs EPA Method 21 hydrocarbon leak detection using a portable gas analyzer and electronic data collector.
* Performs analyzer certification and calibration, and routine preventative maintenance to assure optimum operation of testing equipment.
* Assures all activities for an assigned monitoring route are completed within a time frame consistent with TEAM's policies and procedures, assuring all components are monitored completely and are accurately reported.
* Identifies leaks as prescribed by the applicable governing regulations and completes and attaches a leaking component tag to properly identify the leak source.
* Performs visual assessments for evidence of leaking hydrocarbons, and report equipment with open-ended lines.
* Maintains the identification system of LDAR components, and identifies and records changes in the LDAR component inventory.
* Provides ECS reports daily and communicates with site-specific personnel and branch management regarding equipment changes.
* Communicates with plant personnel as directed.
* Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* One (1) or more year's previous experience in an industrial or plant environment preferred.
* Travel Requirements: 0%-25%
* Position is based out of a branch or site location.
* Field duties require indoor and outdoor work in a plant atmosphere
* Interaction with other crew employees, as well as supervisors and client personnel
* Working in plant and/or shop areas around production machinery with extreme noise levels
* Must be able to wear safety equipment as required by the safety department for personal protection
* May be at more than one job site in a day and must be able to tolerate climate changes
* May be required to travel out of town on a periodic basis
Physical and Mental Requirements
* Extensive walking is required.
* Must be able to lift and carry up to 20 pounds in a backpack for extended periods of time.
* Ability to climb and work at heights up to 250ft. with proper personal safety equipment.
* Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits employee to communicate effectively.
* Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodations, which permits employee to investigations.
* Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permit the employee to perform routine office duties.
* Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodations to perform office duties and travel when necessary to off-site locations.
* Sufficient personal mobility to maneuver within a refinery or plant environment to include the ability to gain access to elevated platforms via ladders and stairwells.
* Ability to maintain focus with a strong attention to detail.
* Excellent communication skills.
TEAM provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be a basic principle at Team. Employment at our Company is based upon merit, ability and qualifications. No qualified applicant or employee is to be discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or other status protected by federal, state, local or other law.