OhioMeansJobs Lake County is currently accepting resumes for the following position:
Position ID Number: 38131833
Full-Time, 1st Shift from 7:00am-4:30pm
Painters needed for four tier system including Painter Apprentice, Craftsman, Journeyman, and Foreman. Must have a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Mastered all traits of an Apprentice and Craftsman
- Ability to identify proper equipment for job needs based on size, scope, and substrate
- Ability to identify paint and sundry items needed for job
- Ability to set up and work with scaffold
- Ability to set up suspended access equipment (spider, suspended scaffold, etc.)
- Ability to manage a small crew and run smaller jobs safely, timely, and within budget
Ability to troubleshoot onsite issues with equipment
- Strong problem solving skills to resolve onsite issues safely, timely, and effectively
- Strong communication skills with customers, management, and crew members
- Ability to fill out paperwork with proper information (receipts, time sheets, etc.)
- Ability to attend pre-job walkthroughs and identify production needs (access to air and water, smoking areas, etc.)
A Journeyman will often be called on to run smaller jobs. A “foreman in training”. You will be responsible for having knowledge of and being able to perform all job tasks. A foreman will often delegate certain job responsibilities in your direction to help coach the job along. Communication will be of utmost importance and be a required skill set.
Please contact Jade Villella (440)350-4407 or Jade.Villella@jfs.ohio.gov for immediate consideration.