Landscape/Construction Foreman - Job Description
**Starting wage at $15.00/hour with higher pay offered based on experience level (must have verifiable work history). OT pay offered after 40 hours!
Barnes Nursery, Inc. is a family owned and operated business that has continuously offered a comprehensive range of horticultural services for 70+ years! We are searching to add members to our team that are passionate, punctual and intend to grow their career in the landscape industry.
The Landscape/Construction Foreman is responsible for directing and assisting crew members to achieve total customer satisfaction while implementing the plans and instructions created by the designers.
A VALID driver’s license is required for this position.
3 Years of verifiable Landscape or Construction experience is required.
Responsibilities (Include, but are not limited to):
- Implementing safety on the work-site
- Ensuring proper use and care of assigned equipment and tools
- Following the plans and designer instructions to complete projects
- Effectively communicate with customers to ensure the creation and maintenance of a long-term relationship
- Assisting and directing crew members in completion of daily tasks
- Conducting 'before and after' inspections of all work sites
- Coordinating and prioritizing crew assignments to maximize productivity
- Operation of single axle, tandem axle and box trucks
- Operation of equipment such as skid steer, backhoe, mini excavator in a safe and efficient manner
Skills and Abilities:
- Landscape and/or construction experience
- Effective communication
- Willingness to work outdoors all day and in various weather conditions
- Reliability and dependability
- Ability to work in various positions such as stooping, standing, kneeling, and bending over
- Ability to lift and/or carry 60 pounds multiple times in a shift using proper body mechanics
- Lifting, pulling and pushing materials to complete the job
Barnes Nursery, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Pay: From $15.00 per hour (willing to pay more based on experience level within the industry)
How To Apply