Nurtures children by developing and providing educational programs; keeping parents informed.
* Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and directing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
* Provides safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; removing known safety hazards.
* Encourages children's participation by providing interactive activities.
* Informs staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and submitting lesson plans; posting schedules and curriculum outlines.
* Keeps parents informed by posting parent information in the classroom; maintaining and sharing records of child's progress, attendance, and behavior.
* Encourages development of children's self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
* Maintains center's professional status by supervising, training, and evaluating staff and/or field experience students.
* Encourages consistency of service by maintaining communications with parents and staff.
* Protects families by keeping personal information confidential.
* Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Safety Management, Creativity, Teaching, Presentation Skills, Flexibility, Motivating Others, Listening, Verbal Communication, Resolving Conflict, Self-Motivated, Deals with Uncertainty
* Reliable with a strong work ethic and dedicated to improving the lives of the children in their care.