Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin-Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show!
Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The IT Application Supervisor will manage a team of developers which is responsible for creating, maintaining, and improving application software in a service provider environment that supports the Marketing and Sales Force Effectiveness initiatives in The Americas Group division. This role will interact daily with Application Developers, Project Managers, other IT Managers, System Administrators, and the Helpdesk. The IT Application Supervisor will work with their team to identify and resolve software issues; to discover, develop, and maintain new project initiatives; and to assist in growing junior developers’ technical and soft skills. This is a fast-paced work environment focused on providing support and delivering on new projects. The position is expected to balance supervisory activities with additional time spent on other duties and responsibilities.
Strategy & Planning
• Collaborate with project managers, business users, and developers in conceptualizing and developing new features and applications within the SherLink web portal.
• Maintain an efficient feedback loop between the various business units and Sher-Link teams for support and project execution.
• Set and refine employee goals, monitor and evaluate performance, and provide feedback and mentoring.
• Prepare and conduct employee performance appraisals.
• Periodically research and evaluate new development standards and tools, working with other Technology Leaders to make decisions in the team’s technology roadmap.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Manage daily operational tasks, support/maintenance, and ongoing project work.
• Provide necessary tools and resources to the development team to maximize productivity.
• Develop client relationships through communication and engagement on projects.
• Work with colleagues and employees to resolve production issues and plan new development efforts.
• Coordinate and contribute to production support, software development processes, and in understanding/implementing client requirements.
• Be hands-on and engage in software programming to help the team resolve problems, enhance applications, and advance project deliverables.
• Work with business units to identify and capture business requirements and recommend solutions.
• Develop documentation to support business requirements, technical specifications, project planning, and developer support/maintenance.
• Provide daily management and leadership to the development team, including assigning work and monitoring progress against milestones and deadlines.
• Perform or coordinate code reviews and testing procedures to encourage secure and stable code releases.
• Provide and delegate support for business-critical application issues, including the monitoring and resolution of ITSM tickets from the Helpdesk.
• Participate in the hiring and training of new developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and Professional Apprentices.
• Manage Project tasks for self and others. Provide status reporting as requested.
• Make presentations to management, business, and peer groups as requested, to influence project scopes, business decisions, and technical direction.
• Schedule and lead communication or planning meetings with project members.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for application or server issues.
• Assist with projects as required to contribute to the efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
• Assist in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
• Domestic Travel up to 10% may be required.
• Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
• Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Knowledge & Experience
• 5+ years IT experience.
• 5+ years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• 5+ years of programming skills, preferably in Java.
• 3+ years experience in Relational Database Management Systems.
• Experience triaging software problems, including pulling teams together to resolve problems and work with stakeholders.
• Good knowledge and understanding of scripting and programming in a Linux/Unix environment.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Strong experience in collaborating with and across teams.
• Source code versioning systems such as Git, CVS and Subversion preferred.
• Experience with Customer Management Systems (CMS) and sales-oriented tools is preferred.
• Previous supervisory and coaching experience preferred.
• Strong written and oral communications skills.
• Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, tools, and technologies quickly.
• Strong systems/process orientation; demonstrated analytical thinking, organization, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Willingness and ability to train and coach others.
• Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
• Ability to prioritize, delegate, and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong presentation and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment, and to lead and influence cross-organizationally with and without direct authority.
• Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
Temporary work from home protocalls may be in effect for this position due to COVID-19, but this is not a remote position and any selected candidate must live within a reasonable commuting distance.
Candidate must be eligible to work in the country for which they are applying for employment, without now or in the future needing sponsorship for employment work visa and/or permanent residence status.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Ohio-CLEVELAND
Work Locations: USA OH Cleveland Prospect Ave Headquarters
101 West Prospect Ave
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity, Inclusion and Diversity Supportive Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor requesting priority referral of protected veterans.