OhioMeansJobs | Medina County, OMJMC, is currently recruiting on behalf of a local painting company.
Commercial Painting Estimator/Salesperson (Remote)
This company is a fast-growing, veteran-owned, award-winning commercial and residential painting company located in Brunswick, Ohio, and serving the Northeast Ohio area. We seek a self-motivated sales and estimating professional with at least 4 years of experience to help grow the company.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with local General Contractors and management personnel at construction companies, commercial real estate companies, and other vendors that use commercial painting services to increase sales.
- Meet and communicate with clients to understand the full scope of projects. May require travel to construction sites for pre-construction and progress meetings.
- Review bid options on selected websites such as The BlueBook to choose the best opportunities, prepare complete bid packages and submit them on time to meet and exceed client needs.
- Review plan drawings for accuracy.
- Quantify material quotes.
- Obtain/verify all permits in place.
- Manage quality control throughout the project timeline to ensure job completion and customer satisfaction.
- Enter data into CRM to maintain detailed records for all projects and customers.
· Perform all necessary follow up paperwork on awarded bids (permits, AIA Paperwork, Change Orders, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management (or equivalent work experience), Engineering or Architecture
- 4 years of estimating experience (preferred)
- Painting estimating experience (preferred)
- Some sales experience is required.
- 4+ years of client-facing and project-based experience. Ability to deliver high-level customer service.
- Strong time management skills and attention to detail.
- Stellar oral and written communication skills are required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Familiarity with construction estimating and scheduling software preferred.
- Must be comfortable communicating effectively with all levels of project personnel- including CEO, architect, engineers, marketing and sales, project managers, and painting personnel.
- Computer and tech-savvy.
- Excellent Problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work on Saturdays and evenings as required
- A reliable Car and valid Ohio driver's license are required.
- Must be able to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.