The City of Lima, Ohio is currently accepting resumes for the position of Property Maintenance Code Inspector I for the Department of Community Development. Under immediate supervision, performs code enforcement functions; prepares and maintains records and reports. Performs related duties as required.
Qualified candidates must possess the following:
- Associate degree in Engineering, Construction, Community Planning, Public Administration, or directly related discipline; or (b) completion of secondary education plus three (3) years of progressively responsible residential construction, inspection, or directly related experience
- Must demonstrate proficiency in those areas listed under knowledge, skills, and abilities
Investigates reported violations and conducts field inspections for the purpose of
examining properties to determine compliance with property maintenance, zoning,
nuisance and related safety codes, (e.g., contacts complainants, takes photographs,
collects related technical evidence, etc.)
Performs title research to establish ownership of property for proper service of notices and orders; writes deficiency reports and issues compliance orders for the clean-up and repair of cited residential properties; testifies in court, if necessary.
Prepares and maintains records and reports; maintains code enforcement records according to established procedures, maintains activity reports; performs mathematical computations to prepare accurate summaries of code compliance deficiencies.
Meets regularly with the Property Maintenance Code Inspector III to report the status of code enforcement actions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of: code enforcement procedures; inspection techniques; property maintenance, zoning, nuisance and safety laws and ordinances; BOCA Basic National Property Maintenance Code; municipal and related building constructions codes and ordinances; Community Development Block Grant programs; general legal procedures involved in the enforcement of property maintenance codes and ordinances; records preparation and management ;organizational policies and procedures*
- Skilled in: computer operation; data entry; word processing; spreadsheets; databases
- Ability to: understand, interpret and apply laws, rules or regulations to specific situations; recognize unusual or threatening conditions and take appropriate action; communicate effectively; resolve complaints; define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; gather, collate and classify information about data,, people or things; travel to and gain access to work site; use proper research methods to gather data; compile and prepare reports; maintain records according to established procedures; prepare accurate documentation; add, subtract, multiply and divide whole numbers; establish and maintain effective working relationships with property owners, contractors, government officials, and the general public
- Automobile, camera, measuring tools.
Salary Range: Starting pay is $21.46 per hour
License or Certification Requirements:
- Valid Ohio driver’s license
- Must obtain ICC property maintenance and housing inspector certification within one year of employment.
Interested individuals should submit a resume to:
The job application must be completed in all respects and filed by either 1) email to email@example.com OR 2) at the offices of the LIMA CIVIL SERVICE BOARD, RTA BUILDING 202 E. HIGH STEET – SECOND FLOOR, LIMA, OHIO, BETWEEN THE HOURS 8:00 A.M. AND 5:00 P.M., MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY.
Online Application: https://www.cityhall.lima.oh.us/DocumentCenter/View/3982
For consideration, resumes must be received no later than Friday, April 23, 2021 at 5:00 p.m.
THE CITY OF LIMA, OHIO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To Apply: Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org