Job Summary: The position of Project Manager is responsible for directing and managing the signage/building elements projects from conception to completion while ensuring a profitable gross margin. The position is responsible for working for both internal and external customer s to ensure that the customer receives appropriate support on a timely basis within agreed upon budget.
- Communication/ Customer Interface. Works with the Senior Project Managers and upper management to provide outstanding customer service to internal and external customers.
- Work with account representative/ sales team to determine customer needs and expectations
- Visits customers and job sites as necessary and required by the customer.
- Resolve any issues / changes that may occur within the project by communicating in a professional manner and ensuring to always protect Allen Industries assets.
- Project Management. Manage multiple projects from initial opportunity through to Billing and Invoicing the customer.
- Enter and maintain the project information and updates in database
- Provide customer with the appropriate surveys of the locations, research codes & permits for the project and communicate status to the customer
- Interface with all architects and engineers, and any other external team members to ensure project milestones are meet and completed on time.
- Have the ability to review architecture layouts & construction drawings from architects and engineers for accuracy and correct specifications.
- Request site specific drawings from the Art Department, review details against specifications, and submit to customer for approval.
- Request estimate from Estimating Department, review details against specifications, and submit to customer for approval
- Receive signed proposal/contract/ PO from customer and enter into the system for that customer.
- Implement action plans/ change orders for issue resolution with the customers and vendors as needed to ensure successful completion of the project.
- Negotiate installation price, either through approved subcontractors, or by using the Allen Install coordinators to ensure profitability on the project.
- Submit finalized and approved sign package into Production Department for manufacturing
- Establish installation dates with subcontractor and/or internal install manager and communicate with the customer
- Create purchase orders or scopes of work
- Attend city meetings (variances and planning commission meetings)
- Set up opportunities, upload documents into project card, convert opportunities to projects, create sales orders/quotes and assist in billing projects
- Billing/ Invoicing. Work with the Senior Manager to ensure that Monthly invoicing of completed projects and finalized.
- Approve incoming invoices from vendors and subcontractors and submit for payment
- Review final cost & margin information for accuracy and submit invoice to customer
- Assist accounting on any unresolved AR issues
- Prepare and interpret projected billing reports Monthly
- Analyze the account to ensure all issues are resolved
- Follow the rules and regulations related to the safety of all employees working for the Company
- Adherence to all mandated safety procedures including: driving policy, production area safety requirements and fire safety
- Safety requires all employees to review materials provided by the Company related to any updates on safety procedures
- Informs management of any safety related issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle numerous issues simultaneously.
- Ability to get buy-in from all senior managers and cross functional departments on new processes and their implementation
- Detail driven with the ability to plan and timely execute work assignments without supervision
- Customer/Client Focus
- Organized, detail and results oriented.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment and make good decisions based on the best interests of the company
- Strong customer support skills.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Strong sense of urgency to complete tasks in a timely manner
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Time management
- Ethical conduct
- Collaboration skills
- Project Management
- Ability to understand architecture and construction drawings
- Ability to understand margins and gross profit
- Planning – ability to think ahead and plan over a one to two-year time span
- Management – ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
- Problem analysis and resolution at both strategic and functional levels
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential function of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to perform the following activities:
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Ability to sit at a desk for long periods of time.
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers.
- Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word.
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound.
- Light work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 5 pounds of force frequently, and/or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
- Visual Acuity. To perform close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; and visual inspection.
- Reaching: Extending hands and arms in all direction
- Repetitive Motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time, 40 hour a week position with overtime as required.
Travel: This position requires up to 10% travel including domestic and international travel as required
- Associate degree from an accredited university or college.
Preferred Educational Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Five plus years in Sign Project Management experience
- Proven training and experience with Macola EM 10, Synergy and crystal reporting
- Proven training and experience with Smart Sheet
- Proven training and experience with lean processes
- Proven training and experience with KPI’s
- Proven training and experience with developing Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 applications such as Skype, Teams, One Drive
- Advanced level computer skills with common PC based software (Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc. as well as other specialized Project Planning and MRP/ERP type software packages
- Understanding of business processes is essential
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to get a passport for travel
General Disclaimer: The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. Other duties may be assigned as needed by the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Allen Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital, disability or veteran status.